Mancini to...ermm...Russia?!? Rumour of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnny crossan said:
manc-1.jpg

- Sergei, Sergio who gives a f***

All is well, phew.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:09 am --<br /><br />Obviously didn't want the kecks they were going to give him and dodged out the way :-)

I believe and hope it is a clarkie, but ESPN soccernet press pass are reporting that the Russian Minister of sport has seen and confirm that the contract exists. However it still isn't clear if it is real - i.e. it isn't clear if Mancini signed it or forged it.

carlos92 said:
Is Roman Abramovich trying to unsettle us? He is playing a bit of a dangerous game if he is trying.

It's a bit paranoid, but this it did concern me and was my immediate thought. Actually my first thought was Abramovich is just bidding Mancini's contract price up so that city will struggle with FFP. Then when I heard about the contract having been 'signed' already I got a bit Machiavellian.

Abromovich has been involved in appointing and funding all most all of the recent Russian coaches. He has motivation for trying to steal Bobby as it would kill two birds with one stone in some ways. It would destabilise city and get him a world class manager. Although, it would likely mean that we would then compete with Chelsea for Pep. But still it could be true.

Another theory, primarily based on his dodgy past, is that Abramovich has called in some favours, or payed for some, and got someone to forge Mancini's signature. What they do with this contract is then anyone's guess, but it will cause a shitstorm for city as they won't be able to sign until the other contract is declared invalid. Furthermore, if it isn't declared invalid we then have a 30 million euro break clause to pay.

F-ing russians... sorry russian blues... Well f-ing oil rich russians...

Darkhorse said:
ESPN soccernet presspass reporting that the Russian Minister of sport has seen and confirm that the contract exists. However it still isn't clear if it is real - i.e. it isn't clear if Mancini signed it or forged it.

carlos92 said:
Is Roman Abramovich trying to unsettle us? He is playing a bit of a dangerous game if he is trying.

It's a bit paranoid, but this is does concern me and was my immediate thought. Actually my first thought was Abramovich is just bidding Mancini's contract price up so that city will struggle with FFP. Then when I heard about the contract having been 'signed' already I got a bit Machiavellian.

Abromovich has been involved in appointing and funding all most all of the recent Russian coaches. He has motivation for trying to steal Bobby as it would kill two birds with one stone in some ways. It would destabilise city and get him a world class manager. Although, it would likely mean that we would then compete with Chelsea for Pep. But still it could be true.

Another theory, primarily based on his dodgy past, is that Abramovich has called in some favours, or payed for some, and got someone to forge Mancini's signature. What they do with this contract is then anyone's guess, but it will cause a shitstorm for city as they won't be able to sign until the other contract is declared invalid. Furthermore, if it isn't declared invalid we then have a 30 million euro break clause to pay.

F-ing russians... sorry russian blues... Well f-ing oil rich russians...

You are right ! You are paranoid.

oakiecokie said:
You are right ! You are paranoid.

Ha. Yeah a bit. I don't really believe it, they were just some of the possibilities that flew through my head. Eliminate the unlikely possibilities and it leaves the whole rumour being a clarkie, but without any football to watch, or some actual signings, my bored mind will fret about Mancini signing a contract.

leopoldo said:
johnny crossan said:
leopoldo said:
Mancini didn't travel with the squad, he went directly to Austria from Italy. He hadn't arrived when the team was given its welcome.
are you in situ leopoldo?
Mate's there and he spoke to someone from the club who said they expect new contract signed this week.

Can confirm this 100%, Only Lombardo will be left here when the team go to Austria, he's looking after the 2012 players,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.