Mancini: Torres in demand from men

C_T_I_D said:
The Fixer said:
What you reckon? would he come?

I think if we get fourth, he's a blue. If we don't, god knows.

I think you're right mate, I was posting on the torres thread in the transfer forum and I was thinking that if Liverpool or City don't get into the Champions League might we have a chance of signing him anyway... Where else would he go, Arsenal and the rags can't afford him, Chelsea might be an option but the kind of money Liverpool want for him might even push Abramovich. Unless Torres is so desperate for Champions League he is prepared to leave England to pursue it I think we might still have a chance.

We were able to get tevez, adebayor and barry without any european football. If we bid the kind of money that has been mentioned Liverpool will accept the offer, which means we will get to negotiate with Torres and his representatives. If our negotiators are as good as they should be they point out the ambition of the club (i hate the term but, ''the project''), the finances at our disposal and the fact that if we get Torres on board some of the other biggest names in football will be interested as they'll want to play along side him.

As well as the CL Torres will want to win the Premier League, if City can prove to him that we are serious about that in the short term while the overall goal is to get in and challenge for the Champions League then maybe he'll be tempted. Without a doubt, Champions League football to offer him next season would strengthen our bargaining position though.

bluegonads said:
i personally hope we never sign him.
he has been a very good player, but i doubt he will be ever as good again after his surgery.
we could spend 70m? on him, plus 180,000? PW wages and he might miss a lot of games through injury like RSC and that mercenary owen crock from down the road.

i'm sure that kind of money could be better spent elsewhere (in terms of playing position) or spend 150m? on getting Messi if the club really wants a high profile attacking player, at least the guy is fit. (by fit, i mean not crocked)

He's scored around 20 goals in an injury hit season, im happy with that.

Torres is a very good striker but he is a fading light IMO due to injury. Add to that the fact that he's a whiney cnut. Him, Rooney and Van Persire, a trio of spoilt babies, I'd not have any of them (despite them being better than what we have). Surely in the whole wide world there is a decent man who happens to be a decent striker. Let's get that guy at whatever price.

I should hope that we're playing one up-front next season, so I think that what we've got will do us fine.

Anyway, they'll want to keep him. If he agitates for a move, then he'll go to Barcelona (how awesome would that side be?)

the reason he's 'injury prone' is that rafa has been bringing him back before being fully fit in his quest to keep the scousers in teh top 4.

with the squad we'd have we would very rarely have to rush someone back.

its obvious some posters on here have never seen the delights

of Derek Parlane and Barry Conlan

we have become aright set of arrogant bastards haven't we

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.