Mancini wants 4 in!

Dax777

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini flew to Abu Dhabi for talks with chairman
Khaldoon Al Mubarak as his relationship with Garry Cook and Brian Marwood continued to show signs of strain.

Mancini will try to convince Khaldoon of the need to spend ambitiously on at least four players this summer, rather than follow the more cautious approach recommended by the club’s chief executive Cook and football administrator Marwood.

The meeting will also be attended by Cook and Marwood and Mancini sees it as his chance to air his increasing frustration with them and assert his authority over transfer plans.
Shopping list: Roberto Mancini will outline his transfer targets

Shopping list: Roberto Mancini will outline his transfer targets

He will tell Khaldoon that City must buy a central defender, a right-sided midfielder, playmaker and striker.

Among the names on his list will be Bolton defender Gary Cahill and Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez.

Cook and Marwood believe the club must wait to sell players before they commit to significant spending, as they are worried about UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules.

However, Mancini is convinced that this will lead to City failing to sign key targets.

Although Mancini’s relationship with Cook and Marwood remains civil, it is understood that it is worsening.
Stretched: Mancini's relations with Brian Marwood (front left) and Garry Cook (front centre) is said to be in decline

Stretched: Mancini's relations with Brian Marwood (front left) and Garry Cook (front centre) is said to be in decline

On Monday it was noted that Mancini did not mention them in a speech to 30,000 fans at Eastlands, when he thanked players, staff, Khaldoon and owner Sheik Mansour for their roles in City’s success.

Meanwhile, Mancini is annoyed by suggestions that he gave wayward striker Mario Balotelli permission to skip the club’s FA Cup parade through Manchester on Monday. The manager insists this was not the case.
Exuberant character: Mario Balotelli (left)

Exuberant character: Mario Balotelli (left)

The Italian striker, 20, also missed the club’s Player of the Year dinner on Sunday night and flew home to Italy.

While Mancini and his players were celebrating at Eastlands on Monday, Balotelli was laughing and throwing water bombs at a meeting of Serie A club chiefs in Milan.

Italian TV showed him and his agent Mino Raiola at the traditional end of season meeting in Milan which is attended by players’ representatives to sound out possible transfers.

Balotelli’s image among City fans will not be helped by comments he made to an Italian TV station about the parade.

‘I didn’t understand the value of it,’ he said. ‘The fans were delighted, though. For them it’s worth almost as much as winning the Premier League.’

The striker said: “A return to Inter? I am not dreaming about Milan I am happy with Manchester.’

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1390568/Roberto-Mancini-power-struggle-Garry-Cook-Brian-Marwood.html#ixzz1NJVpcpYH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1NJVpcpYH</a>

This comports with my determination of the areas of need. An LCD, a RW, AM and Striker.

If Mancini is looking to buy a centre-back, then I'm pretty annoyed. Lescott and Kompany's partnership is second to none in the Premier League, so looking to change it now would be foolish.

But does that mean it's the end for Kolo? If we get another centre-back, we're going to have more than 5 players who can all play in that position, and I don't think Mancini will want that much stress over two positions. Kolo has had a lot of time out of the team, so would Mancini think that it silly to try and squeeze him back in?

so he wants 4 players but Cook and Marwood just want a tinkering..let's split the difference and bring in 3 players and a few more Denis Suarez types, sorted.

We don't need a CD, and we especially don't need Cahill as he is average at very best.

Those four for me would be:

Alexis Sanchez
Cesc Fabregas
Jan Vertonghen
Leighton Baines/Fabio Coentrao

Go something like:

--------------------Hart
------------Kompany---Lescott
--Richards------------------Baines/Coentrao
------------------De Jong
----------Fabregas----Yaya Toure
---Sanchez---------------------David Silva
----------------Tevez/Dzeko

I'd rotate Vertonghen and Lescott until one claims the place next to Kompany.

In my eyes we should get these regardless of outgoings:

Sanchez/Mata/Hazard,
Fabregas/other CM with a quick good creative brain (maybe someone slightly more defensive than Fab to allow Yaya to go on his runs more often, as they are VERY dangerous)

Then:

Aguerro if Tévez goes (we could however just stick with Balotelli and Džeko, but there would be a slight risk as Džeko might take another season to settle and we all know what Balotelli's like)

Either a good youngish keeper or an experienced keeper like Dida/Cudicini/Dudek etc. if Given goes.

Keep Lescott as the first choice, maybe sign another to push him (if Boateng goes) but Lescott deserves to keep his place as of late.

Also, give Kolarov more time. People say he can't defend. He could at Lazio. People say he's slow, he wasn't at Lazio. People say he's bad at descision making... He DEFINATELY wasn't at Lazio... Give him till January at least... And if he doesn't come through then we've got Zaba who can play at LB until we can open our wallet again.

;)

_______________Hart_______________
Richards__Kompany__Lescott__Kolarov (ain't broke, don't fix...yet)

The comments about Mario are bollocks. He was given permission return to Italy due to "family issues"

Balotelli rules out exit
City youngster happy in England - for now

The Italy international, who recently won an Azzurri recall, has been linked with a Serie A return.

Balotelli has had an up and down debut season in the Premier League, although he has looked the part in their FA Cup success.

The 20-year-old has never hidden his love for AC Milan but insists that a move to the Rossoneri is out of the question.
Happy

"For the time being, I am happy in England," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"I compliment Milan for winning the scudetto, but with regards to me, I am happy in England."

Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola also echoed his client's remarks, stating: "Balotelli will remain 2000 per cent at Manchester City.

"This year there won't be any surprises. He remains at City because he is part of a project. This path will help him grow."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6949836,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 36,00.html</a>

Only one winner - Cook, Marwood and Khaldoon. We are dictated by FFP and Bobby hasn't seemed to have grasped this yet. We can't spend big anymore. Our losses in the next set of accounts are expected to be even bigger than those in the last. We can't keep going on like that. Something has to change and it seems the board have decided to do things differently this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.