Mancini will bring us success

I honestly think Mancini will bring us success. My observations watching tonight's match were both positive and negative. We controlled the game for the first half an hour and should have been one or two up, then BANG! they score from a loose ball. In this instance as well, had we had a match sharp keeper, he might just have saved it. Our response after the break was impressive, but we ought to have pushed on and won the game after equalising, instead we for some reason sat back and seemed happy with a draw. Bringing on Kompany was in my opinion a bad move - there's an old adage : play for the win, get a draw at least, play for the draw, there's a good chance you'll lose, or something along those lines. The free kick Boyata conceded was completely unnecessary, and the goal that followed was pure fluke - the kind of thing that happens when things aren't going your way. But is everyone forgetting that our best player (again) Silva missed a glorious chance straight from the restart, which would surely have secured a draw. I think Mancini should go for it against teams like Lech Poznan, just as he went for it against Burnley last season. I think he plays it too similarly against the weaker teams to how he plays it against the stronger ones. We are far too cautious against the lesser lights, teams we really ought to be murdering. As a result, we get a strange mix of results. But on the whole, I've been happy with the season so far. I think we're on course for top four and a trophy (FA Cup or Europa) if we stick with Mancini. The hysteria will intensify between now and West Brom, but we'd be doing ourselves a massive self inflicted injury if we sacked another manager mid stream

Great thread, I believe in Mancini! Give him time he WILL bring success these players need time! Mancini needs time! He's been there less than a year for fucks sake. If we sack him I Will lose faith in our club and I don't want to have that feeling because I have never felt that way about our club even when we were 12th in div 3 I still believed! 2-0 down at Wembley I still believed in the team.

I have no confidence in the squad any more. I used to go to every home game expecting an easy win, a lot has changed. Even when we take the lead I think that this could have a negative effect as we seem to sit off and get battered. Something isn't quite right and that is blatant. But as always, I have faith in the whole of Manchester City Football Club. My love.

Conor Mcfc said:
I have no confidence in the squad any more. I used to go to every home game expecting an easy win, a lot has changed. Even when we take the lead I think that this could have a negative effect as we seem to sit off and get battered. Something isn't quite right and that is blatant. But as always, I have faith in the whole of Manchester City Football Club. My love.

Not been going long then..?

Bluedubb said:
I honestly think Mancini will bring us success. My observations watching tonight's match were both positive and negative. We controlled the game for the first half an hour and should have been one or two up, then BANG! they score from a loose ball. In this instance as well, had we had a match sharp keeper, he might just have saved it. Our response after the break was impressive, but we ought to have pushed on and won the game after equalising, instead we for some reason sat back and seemed happy with a draw. Bringing on Kompany was in my opinion a bad move - there's an old adage : play for the win, get a draw at least, play for the draw, there's a good chance you'll lose, or something along those lines. The free kick Boyata conceded was completely unnecessary, and the goal that followed was pure fluke - the kind of thing that happens when things aren't going your way. But is everyone forgetting that our best player (again) Silva missed a glorious chance straight from the restart, which would surely have secured a draw. I think Mancini should go for it against teams like Lech Poznan, just as he went for it against Burnley last season. I think he plays it too similarly against the weaker teams to how he plays it against the stronger ones. We are far too cautious against the lesser lights, teams we really ought to be murdering. As a result, we get a strange mix of results. But on the whole, I've been happy with the season so far. I think we're on course for top four and a trophy (FA Cup or Europa) if we stick with Mancini. The hysteria will intensify between now and West Brom, but we'd be doing ourselves a massive self inflicted injury if we sacked another manager mid stream

nice post.

I was just over on the MEN site and couldn't believe all the negativity - maybe some of it from WUMs of whatever persuasion.

football can be like this, and we're still getting ourselves established.

I wish all those people getting carried away and getting their knickers in a twist would just chill out and go hide in the cupboard until they've developed a little more bottle.

of course West Brom is an even bigger game for us now, but let's take it one at a time and ease-up a little with the hysteria... I mean, really?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.