Mancini

mammutly said:
A lot of mod envy seems to feature in many of the more precious comments. Some people take extreme exception to be a disagreed with anyway, but if a mod does it....woah !! .......

......Must be some serious, evil conspiracy thing going on - respond with extreme abuse immediately - get cautioned - proof of conspiracy! - further abuse - get banned- wtf?
Just to make this clear, the sequence of events in this thread only played a minor part in what happened. No one gets banned simply because they disagree with someone but they can get banned for the way they go about that.

The poster was, in my opinion, being provocative and looking to wind others up. That is, in itself, a breach of the Code of Conduct. I put a post in the thread which should have acted as a strong hint to cool things down. Had he taken it and backed down there would have been no consequences but he then went on to call OB1 a liar. Having made the point once, I banned him for 24 hours under the CoC. That's what posters saw on here.

Now the bit you didn't see. He had been warned for abuse on a couple of occasions previously so that ban was fully warranted. After I did that, he signed up under another username, posted on here but also sent me an abusive and threatening pm so I increased the ban to a week, even though I would have been justified in banning him permanently at that point. Ric and I agreed that we would leave it at a week but I did say to Ric that I didn't think he'd learn his lesson.

Sure enough he came back on and instead of ignoring the incidents, he chose to post a load of abuse. I was out most of that weekend but was made aware of it a day later and passed it on to the other mods to deal with, who banned him permanently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.