Mancini's best and worst buy?

gio's side step said:
Dax777 said:
I find such claims annoying. Since non of us are privy to how these decisions are made. Unless one of the posters here is Mancini, Cook or Marwood, or their playtoy (which I doubt). All we can claim is any player bought under the regime of a certain coach, is that coach's buy. Unless that is, there is tangible evidence to the contrary.
Hughes: Boateng, Lescott, De Jong, Tevez, RSC, Bayor, Bellamy, Kolo, Robihno, Barry and Bridge. There is some evidence suggesting Robihno was not totally a Hughes purchase, but he wasn't against it. He supported bring ing in a superstar to signal City was ready for the bigtime. So it is his buy.
Mancini: Viera, AJ, Silva, Yaya, Milner, Boateng, Balotelli, Kolarov and Dzeko.

You might find the claims annoying, but in particular cases, the claims are fair. I am very cynical to the idea Mancini even knew who Adam Johnson was. He was playing for Middlesborough in the first division. He was signed the month after Mancini took over. He may have scouts working for him in this country, but there were a lot of reports claiming it was Marwood who signed Johnson.
One of Mancini's first games in charge was against Middlesborough in the FA Cup and Johnson ran riot against us in the first half before he had to go off injured. Johnson definitely caught Mancini's eye in the game.

it's premature to put anyone on here as best or worst (yes I know that's the point of this thread), but someone saying Dzeko is the worst after a handful of appearances is shameful.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Why so many haters for Kolarov? I personally rate him, okay he's not a world beater yet but I'd give him a 6/7 out of 10 so far.

Basically, he can't defend, he can't pass and other than one good free kick and a good shot that hit the bar once he can't shoot.

He's been bought as a left back and in the premier league, a top quality left back must be able to defend and provide some extra width and quality deliveries when attacking. I understand it's for his attacking qualities and shooting ability that we signed him but I just don't see it. Maybe he will prove me wrong before the end of the season. I hope so!

Sorry for the off topic rant but he really winds me up. I would play Zabaleta at left back ahead of him when he's available.

Whist I agree that Mancini's ultra-defensive approach makes it difficult for Dzeko, the big concern for me is that the guy doesn't seem to be able to control the ball. To lack this basic skill is very worrying and is independent of the system being used. But the Bosnian is not alone. Balotelli is also poor in this respect and Kolarov.....enough said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.