Mancinis lack of creative flair in the squad will cost us.

leighton

Different managers different tatics. What was highlighted today by some of the players on the fringes is not what we need. The midfield was shockingly poor at times. We all know Mancini prefers a more defensive midfielder over a attack minded player and it showed today. Either Mancini is clueless and doesnt know what the FA Cup means to fans and for a club that hasnt won anything for some years it makes you think whats going on regarding Mancinis tatics.

We need players in the squad that can create but since Mancini has come to the club we have seen a number of creative players leave but only 1 to come in to replace those that left. Silva aint fully fit but in the summer we need to find a ball playing midfielder I would even have a look at trying to get Bastian Schweinsteiger in the summer window he is a must buy for the team. Offers a wide range of passing to complement that of Silva.

He has let a number of creative players go but hasnt replaced them. Look at the squad apart from Silva today we had no creative flair. Keep your tinted glasses on if you want. We have too many workman like midfielders and we lack a balance of flair to workman like players from the midfield.
Look at the players that played in the midfield Barry , Milner and Vieira they are hardly a creative force. Just ahead of them is Yaya who wasnt at it today. It says it all when Richards was our best attacking player during the game. Yet I have an agenda.

The problem is that the players he put out there with the job to create (Jo and Milner) did absolutely naff all. Without Silva we really struggle, perhaps worth a deadline day bid for someone like Kranjcar??

The only criticism I have of MCFC is that the manager having stated his wish to win this Cup, starts a team that should see off most PL teams but seem to treat the Leicesters and Notts Counties as though they are Barca and Real. We have exceptional quality. Why do we not use it, and see the game off by half time. The last thing we want, although I am happy to get a Cup replay at CoMS, is another game shoved in the fixture list.

leighton said:
He has let a number of creative players go but hasnt replaced them. Look at the squad apart from Silva today we had no creative flair. Keep your tinted glasses on if you want. We have too many workman like midfielders and we lack a balance of flair to workman like players from the midfield.
Look at the players that played in the midfield Barry , Milner and Vieira they are hardly a creative force. Just ahead of them is Yaya who wasnt at it today. It says it all when Richards was our best attacking player during the game. Yet I have an agenda.

have to say i agree, barry and veira did us no favours today to slow, offered nothing going forward. i think we need one more attacking midfielder.

leighton said:
Different managers different tatics. What was highlighted today by some of the players on the fringes is not what we need. The midfield was shockingly poor at times. We all know Mancini prefers a more defensive midfielder over a attack minded player and it showed today. Either Mancini is clueless and doesnt know what the FA Cup means to fans and for a club that hasnt won anything for some years it makes you think whats going on regarding Mancinis tatics.

We need players in the squad that can create but since Mancini has come to the club we have seen a number of creative players leave but only 1 to come in to replace those that left. Silva aint fully fit but in the summer we need to find a ball playing midfielder I would even have a look at trying to get Bastian Schweinsteiger in the summer window he is a must buy for the team. Offers a wide range of passing to complement that of Silva.

which creative players has Mancini let go? Only Robinho and I doubt you wanted him anyways.

he has signed Silva and Yaya toure who have added creativity.

leighton said:

I like Mancini, but I'm in total agreement with this, its not just creative play either, some of these players don't understand the club, and are just here for the money, and in games like today it shows. It wasn't until Silva came on that we really started to make any space to play football, we passed it lots, but all square and backwards, never any penetration unless Richards provided it.

We should play our first team against lower league sides, and get them beat, an extra game was the last thing we needed, make changes once the game is won.

Barry and Milner were woeful, and I know Jo isn't good enough, but he was no worse than either of these two. Lescott wasn't great either. Others which I do like were off form Yaya, and Zaba will play far better. I thought Vieira did pretty well, but against this level he should. Dzeko went from good to bad to average, but he's new to the team, and I do like the look of him, so not going to criticise him.

My marks

Hart - 6
Zaba - 6
Boateng - 7
Lescott - 5
Richards - 8
Yaya - 6
Vieira - 7
Barry - 4
Milner - 4
Jo - 4
Dzeko - 6

Silva - 7
Kompany, and Kolorov not worth marking.

leighton said:

DID YOU WATCH THE MATCH, DID YOU SEE THE STATE OF THE PITCH? MESSI WOULD LOOK SHIT PLAYING ON THAT TURNIP PATCH..

IF YAYA WOULD HAVE SCORED THAT GOAL WOULD YOU STILL HAVE POSTED THIS SHIT THREAD?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.