Mancinis lack of creative flair in the squad will cost us.

We have to rest our key players at some point. And Notts County away seems like a pretty good time to do so IMO. And when we do, averageness comes in. Our squad is nowhere near as strong as people think it is.

Jos filling in down the wings because with AJ out we have no other option to play down there. Its always going to be hard for him to fill in and do some sort of job down there. Maybe Silva would of been a better option but others have said we picked a team that should of got the win today but didnt.

lmjones1uk said:
leighton said:
Different managers different tatics. What was highlighted today by some of the players on the fringes is not what we need. The midfield was shockingly poor at times. We all know Mancini prefers a more defensive midfielder over a attack minded player and it showed today. Either Mancini is clueless and doesnt know what the FA Cup means to fans and for a club that hasnt won anything for some years it makes you think whats going on regarding Mancinis tatics.

We need players in the squad that can create but since Mancini has come to the club we have seen a number of creative players leave but only 1 to come in to replace those that left. Silva aint fully fit but in the summer we need to find a ball playing midfielder I would even have a look at trying to get Bastian Schweinsteiger in the summer window he is a must buy for the team. Offers a wide range of passing to complement that of Silva.

DID YOU WATCH THE MATCH, DID YOU SEE THE STATE OF THE PITCH? MESSI WOULD LOOK SHIT PLAYING ON THAT TURNIP PATCH..

IF YAYA WOULD HAVE SCORED THAT GOAL WOULD YOU STILL HAVE POSTED THIS SHIT THREAD?
dont think its far from the truth,toure and milner shocking today,to name but two

David Silva said:
The problem is that the players he put out there with the job to create (Jo and Milner) did absolutely naff all. Without Silva we really struggle, perhaps worth a deadline day bid for someone like Kranjcar??

Disagree - our passing is too slow there is very little pace in the team and we move the ball from back to front too slow - we are one dimensional and play the same way regardless of the score.

We have no pace and the dingle pfact today is that Richards was our outstanding player today - his pace created two or three chances and the goal.

We play fookin Jo on the left whilst our best players last sseason we punt off to Cardiff and we pay the fookin wages

Dont blame fookin Milner he aint a fookin winger he is outstanding in the middle of the pitch

A combo of Vierra and Barry is too fookin slow fook drop Giggs or Scholes in and they would be faster more creative than these two today - Vierra / Barry No - Vierra or Barry and Milner yes.

We have no change of pace - when we went 1 down i am sure me like many other City fans went ohhh fook - at that poiny the beast i was hoping for was a draw - and even then instead of fookin going for it we dropped back and they had a coiuple of chances.

All in all it was dog shite and i think you know it - do we want Mancini out - no fookin way BUT playing this type of football accomodating players or playng them in the wrong position will see him through the door sooner rather than later.

And finally Dzeko aint a lone striker but he did well today

For all those saying the pitch was dire (it was dire and I'm not arguing otherwise), and not conducive to our pretty passing game, can you explain why our best passing was once Silva came on ?

There's a much simpler reason than the pitch, no movement, once Silva came on, he received, passed, and then moved, as he always does, and suddenly their back 4 looked in trouble, we improved no end once he was introduced. He should have started, if he's fit enough to be on the bench.

The starting line up had little or no creation because there was not enough movement.

Project said:
We have to rest our key players at some point. And Notts County away seems like a pretty good time to do so IMO. And when we do, averageness comes in. Our squad is nowhere near as strong as people think it is.

I completely agree with this. Also, with regards to a lack of creative midfielders, I think Mancini is waiting for the summer when we will be able (hopefully) to offer Champion's League football to a possible world beater.

cleavers said:
For all those saying the pitch was dire (it was dire and I'm not arguing otherwise), and not conducive to our pretty passing game, can you explain why our best passing was once Silva came on ?

There's a much simpler reason than the pitch, no movement, once Silva came on, he received, passed, and then moved, as he always does, and suddenly their back 4 looked in trouble, we improved no end once he was introduced. He should have started, if he's fit enough to be on the bench.

The starting line up had little or no creation because there was not enough movement.

Agree with that. Without Silva, there's an alarming lack of flair in our squad, which allied to a lack of natural pace, makes us quite easy to defend against. I'm surprised Mancini hasn't addressed this in the window tbh.

Project said:
Its not the strength of the squad that is the problem Project, its using all the back up players at the same time, or more to the point, its not playing any of the best players. Too many rested today, and too many samey players (Milner, Barry, Yaya, Vieira at once), we needed something different all game, and once Silva came on we had it, all too late for me.

Should rest players once the game is won !

Not one single poster giving any credit to a Notts County side who ran their bollocks off and did so for the whole 90 mins, closing us down well and making it a difficult game. We controlled the game till they scored,weathered a wee panic and only one side looked likely to win it even if some of our team were not fully at the races today.(poss with eyes on Brum away)
Listen to Bobby at the end...not dissapointed or frustrated with how we played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.