Mancini's Serie A Titles

Robinho's Subbuteo

Team supported
Manchester City
Whenever the press refer to Mancini's title wins in Serie A they always want to 'caveat' it with "but it was a very weakened league due to the points deductions for AC, Fiorentina and Lazio and the relegation of Juventus". That was only in 2006/2007 for god's sake and besides, even if those teams had NOT been deducted points (AC - 8, Fio - 19, Lazio 11) they would still have been 20+ points adrift of Inter.

Having had a look at the table from 2006/2007, if Fio had started the season on 19 points (38 points added on effectively) they STILL wouldn't have beaten Inter to the title, AC starting on 8 (16 added effectively) they STILL wouldn't have beaten Inter, and Lazio startin with 11 points (22 added effectively) STILL would not have beaten Inter.

And as far as Juventus is concerned, they haven't won Serie A since 2002/2003 so who's to say Inter robbed it from them?

I just think that Mancini is not being given anywhere near the recognition he deserves for his Serie A achievements and the press should dispense with the 'ahh yes but ...' bollocks and give credit where it's due.

I just think that Mancini is not being given anywhere near the recognition he deserves
He never will either, all the while he's with us. Now if he'd taken over one of the top 4 clubs he'd be hailed as the new Messiah and the greatest thing ever to happen to world football.

As it's us the media are praying he fails.

I have this argument with a lad at work, he's a blue too! He always mentiones the trophies etc he won are not special or relevant due to teams being deducted points etc but as I have said a title/trophie is what is says it is end off.

How mortified I would be if we were 'handed' the title because the rags were discovered to be bent corrupt cunts who influence matches by having board members in high up positions at the FA...

The fact that Juventus were relegated effectively meant that their closest rivals (in terms of threat) were not longer in the division. This allowed Inter to buy Ibrahimovic who turned out to be key in Inter being so successful.

What's just as impressive for me, is the fact that Mancini lead Inter on a 17 game winning streak in Serie A.

He also won the Coppa Italia with 2 different teams who were on the verge of going bankrupt so that was quite an unexpected achievement.

He also made some cracking signings at Inter. Cambiasso, Julio Cesar and Maicon and i think he was also responsible for the recruitment of Balotelli and Santon.

What's telling is the fact that Mourinho has come in and despite having had money to spend, hasn't really done any better. The main difference now is the football being played. It's a little less entertaining under Mourinho.

Even if you want to over-look all that, the football we played in the 2nd half of the Wolves game was breathtaking at times. If he can get that out our players in the space of a few weeks, then i can't wait to see what he can do with a year and a couple of transfer windows behind him.

ono said:
The fact that Juventus were relegated effectively meant that their closest rivals (in terms of threat) were not longer in the division. This allowed Inter to buy Ibrahimovic who turned out to be key in Inter being so successful.

What's just as impressive for me, is the fact that Mancini lead Inter on a 17 game winning streak in Serie A.

He also won the Coppa Italia with 2 different teams who were on the verge of going bankrupt so that was quite an unexpected achievement.

He also made some cracking signings at Inter. Cambiasso, Julio Cesar and Maicon and i think he was also responsible for the recruitment of Balotelli and Santon.

What's telling is the fact that Mourinho has come in and despite having had money to spend, hasn't really done any better. The main difference now is the football being played. It's a little less entertaining under Mourinho.

Even if you want to over-look all that, the football we played in the 2nd half of the Wolves game was breathtaking at times. If he can get that out our players in the space of a few weeks, then i can't wait to see what he can do with a year and a couple of transfer windows behind him.

Exactly. I have a little more confidence that he will spend well and improve the quality for the paying spectators.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Whenever the press refer to Mancini's title wins in Serie A they always want to 'caveat' it with "but it was a very weakened league due to the points deductions for AC, Fiorentina and Lazio and the relegation of Juventus". That was only in 2006/2007 for god's sake and besides, even if those teams had NOT been deducted points (AC - 8, Fio - 19, Lazio 11) they would still have been 20+ points adrift of Inter.

Having had a look at the table from 2006/2007, if Fio had started the season on 19 points (38 points added on effectively) they STILL wouldn't have beaten Inter to the title, AC starting on 8 (16 added effectively) they STILL wouldn't have beaten Inter, and Lazio startin with 11 points (22 added effectively) STILL would not have beaten Inter.

And as far as Juventus is concerned, they haven't won Serie A since 2002/2003 so who's to say Inter robbed it from them?

I just think that Mancini is not being given anywhere near the recognition he deserves for his Serie A achievements and the press should dispense with the 'ahh yes but ...' bollocks and give credit where it's due.

the first season inter won they did have it handed to them yes, but the next season (when juve were relegated) inter signed the likes of ibrahimovic from juve, among other players. so they basically picked off the best players from the teams in the scandel like juve, fiorentina. which made the next few seasons a lot easier.

its still an achievement, but he did have all the luck

If I may add to this, have a look at some posts on the "Welcome Inter Milan Fans" thread, which deal with the same subject and you'll see there are mixed views between Inter fans too. I'm one of those who thought that sacking Mancini after winning three championships in a row was total crap on the part of Moratti, but with hindsight I have to say that probably, after Liverpool that year, he was no more in control of the dressing room.
On the other hand, I also think that Mou is just living on the foundations laid by Mancini and in CL his performances (at least so far) are even worse.

Inter Forever said:
If I may add to this, have a look at some posts on the "Welcome Inter Milan Fans" thread, which deal with the same subject and you'll see there are mixed views between Inter fans too. I'm one of those who thought that sacking Mancini after winning three championships in a row was total crap on the part of Moratti, but with hindsight I have to say that probably, after Liverpool that year, he was no more in control of the dressing room.
On the other hand, I also think that Mou is just living on the foundations laid by Mancini and in CL his performances (at least so far) are even worse.

Vedove di Mancini pure qua?

Go support City and your beloved Mancini... you don't remember 2007/2008 season. he lost control of the dressing room, we lost 11 points to Roma in two months after the CL defeat and we were simply CRAP from December onwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.