Mancini's Tactics

johnny crossan said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
It's not just who else was available but more the question of what the manager asks the 11 on the field to do. If he asks Barry to attack more and link with the front two and even get past them he would do. But he doesnt want him to do that. He choses to have 3 midfield players and it seems he asks them to sit tight in midfield.

But back to who else is available we did have Weiss but he chose to let him go. We do have Robbie Mak and Alex Nimely who could get a go on the bench like others have and we might just get one of those exciting cameos from a young kid with talent.

But the manager has to think like that or we might just keep getting the performances we have against Everton, Hull , Pompey, Notlob and Stoke and even the Scum.That is 6 in a row poor performances if you exclude a game against a championship side.

Hard words NLF, there have been good moments as well as bad in all those games and remember the times he had no-one to pick up front but Benjani.

I wouldnt say hard words at all and I notice you didnt disagree with any of them.

Of course we have had good moments but if that's all they are " moments" it sort of says it all doesnt it. I actually don't rememebr any game where we only had Benjani to pick up front. Even if it had been true a team with the quality City have should be able to play an attacking game without a so called center forward. It's all about attacking intent within the team and stemming from the manager.

How do you think we would fare with SWP up top, Ireland just behind him, Weiss on one wing and Petrov on the other.Not saying it would or should have happened but there would be movement and attacking threat and entertainment for the crowd and I would expect us to beat teams at home like the last 3 games we have had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.