Mancini's team talk......

toffee balls

The little ginger one has drafted it for him.

Paul Scholes has cranked up the rivalry ahead of Saturday's white-hot all-Manchester FA Cup semi-final by thanking City’s billionaire Abu Dhabi owners for driving United’s latest Treble charge.

The Reds midfielder believes the mega-bucks spent by the Blues has made Sir Alex Ferguson more determined than ever to ensure United’s supremacy.

“With them getting the money, it has probably helped us,” he said. “It spurred us on a bit more when we played them. They have definitely gone up a level from where they had been before and it probably made us concentrate a little bit more than we normally would.”

United have won six out of eight derbies despite City spending £300m on players since being taken over in 2008.

Their only victory came in the first leg of last season’s Carling Cup semi-final, which United went on to win on aggregate.

“Because they haven’t been as big a club as us, there has never been much pressure on them going into derby games,” said Scholes. “We were going into derbies expecting to win them. But since they have come into the money, it does give you a little bit more of an edge to make sure you do win.”

As well as local bragging rights, Saturday's Wembley clash takes on added importance with United in search of the Treble and City looking for a first major trophy since 1976.

Scholes says City must win something before they can truly consider themselves a genuine threat to United’s dominance.

“When they are fourth or fifth in the league, I don’t think they can be classed as a main rival,” he said. “Our main rivals are obviously Arsenal and Chelsea. I think City are just a rival because of where they are geographically. We won’t hear the end of it if they win, especially if they go on to win the Cup. It’s an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley, it’s massive.“There will be 30,000 fans from each side, so it’s the biggest game we’ve had against City for a while, so whoever loses will be devastated.

“We have a belief that we can beat anybody, but if City have that, I’m not too sure.”

check out the bold bit as the final insult

toffee balls said:
The little ginger one has drafted it for him.

Paul Scholes has cranked up the rivalry ahead of Saturday's white-hot all-Manchester FA Cup semi-final by thanking City’s billionaire Abu Dhabi owners for driving United’s latest Treble charge.

The Reds midfielder believes the mega-bucks spent by the Blues has made Sir Alex Ferguson more determined than ever to ensure United’s supremacy.

“With them getting the money, it has probably helped us,” he said. “It spurred us on a bit more when we played them. They have definitely gone up a level from where they had been before and it probably made us concentrate a little bit more than we normally would.”

United have won six out of eight derbies despite City spending £300m on players since being taken over in 2008.

Their only victory came in the first leg of last season’s Carling Cup semi-final, which United went on to win on aggregate.

“Because they haven’t been as big a club as us, there has never been much pressure on them going into derby games,” said Scholes. “We were going into derbies expecting to win them. But since they have come into the money, it does give you a little bit more of an edge to make sure you do win.”

As well as local bragging rights, Saturday's Wembley clash takes on added importance with United in search of the Treble and City looking for a first major trophy since 1976.

Scholes says City must win something before they can truly consider themselves a genuine threat to United’s dominance.

“When they are fourth or fifth in the league, I don’t think they can be classed as a main rival,” he said. “Our main rivals are obviously Arsenal and Chelsea. I think City are just a rival because of where they are geographically. We won’t hear the end of it if they win, especially if they go on to win the Cup. It’s an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley, it’s massive.“There will be 30,000 fans from each side, so it’s the biggest game we’ve had against City for a while, so whoever loses will be devastated.

“We have a belief that we can beat anybody, but if City have that, I’m not too sure.”

check out the bold bit as the final insult

I'm not sure there is anything in there that is out of order from a rag perspective. What would you expect him to say? If anything it's a bit of a compliment that they felt the need to focus much more because we have improved - besides, who gives a toss what the ginger twat has to say?

well maybe i got caught up in the occasion but its headlines on the backpage of the M.E.N and when i read it this morning it certainly got my juices going.

Its very rare Giggs or Scholes get caught in the press this way.(of course he could have been set up) but

The whole article has undertones of lack of respect IMO.

The player and the whole club appear to be cocky which is very arrogant.

Bacon chops did an interview pretty similar to this prior to getting his arse kicked in a derby a few years ago.

Lets hope history is repeated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.