Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

Besiktas and Fenerbache are interested in Mangala.

We'll have to subsidise his wages with a Turkish club. Probably a good move for him though.

Why would we sign him to an extension only to loan him out and pay part of his wages when we could have just let him walk for free. I am not saying you are wrong. I just don't understand why we signed him to an extension if we didn't have a plan to sell him or use him as a 4/5th choice cb cover.

Last edited:
Why would we sign him to an extension only to loan him out and pay part of his wages when we could have just let him walk for free. I am not saying you are wrong. I just don't understand why we signed him to an extension if we didn't have a plan to sell him or use him as a 4/5th choice cb cover.
Simply because we’re a club who looks after players, even if they’re not in the clubs plans. Players will look at City and see they’ve looked after a player who was injured long term to give him financial security, not just dumping him the second they got he chance. Players with morals and specifically the type of characters we want at this club will truly respect that stance because it’s the right thing to do.

If someone at the company you work for got sick and the company just fucked them off, you’d be questioning their morals and whether you wanted to be part of that company any longer. I’d certainly be looking elsewhere.

Simply because we’re a club who looks after players, even if they’re not in the clubs plans. Players will look at City and see they’ve looked after a player who was injured long term to give him financial security, not just dumping him the second they got he chance. Players with morals and specifically the type of characters we want at this club will truly respect that stance because it’s the right thing to do.

If someone at the company you work for got sick and the company just fucked them off, you’d be questioning their morals and whether you wanted to be part of that company any longer. I’d certainly be looking elsewhere.
He's earnt £20m+ since signing for us, hardly the same is it?

Or, we thought we could get a fee for him this summer (and maybe miscalculated). How would not renewing a 5 year contract that didn't work out almost from the very start, but which we paid in full regardless, be anything close to "fucking them off?"

It's not like he has a career threatening injury or an illness, he played for the EDS throughout April and May.

Last edited:
Or, we thought we could get a fee for him this summer (and maybe miscalculated). How would not renewing a 5 year contract that didn't work out almost from the very start, but which we paid in full regardless, be anything close to "fucking them off?"

It's not like he has a career threatening injury or an illness, he played for the EDS throughout April and May.
Very few players recover from an ACL injury 100%. Gundogan is a prime example, even now he’s still reluctant to go into tackles like he did for Dortmund and he’s changed his style of play to protect himself. Mendy too, we don’t know if he’ll ever fully recover from these injuries to be the player he was, I highly doubt it.

Mangala has been a true professional as far as I’m aware, it doesn’t matter how much someone has earned or not, you look after the players like you would the tea lady as a club.

When has any club ever extended a player’s contract because he used to be injured let alone one that they never intend to play again?

It’s nonsense. There is another reason for this which we may never find out, but hoping for a fee is much more likely than being extra nice to a player that has been paid handsomely for doing very little already.

We don't know what wages he extended on do we? For all we know he's now on 30k a week and his wages won't be an issue even for a Turkish club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.