Manic Street Preachers

mostonblue

Any fans on here? What's everyone's opinion of them? Does anyone like their new stuff or have they become a bit of an embarrassment now? Did Richey's disappearance free them or hinder them musically? Was Richey himself a tortured genius or a fucked up attention seeker? Do you think Nicky Wire is controversial on purpose to live up to his kooky image or is he just up himself?

Favourite songs?

Give me something people!

mostonblue said:
Any fans on here? What's everyone's opinion of them? Does anyone like their new stuff or have they become a bit of an embarrassment now? Did Richey's disappearance free them or hinder them musically? Was Richey himself a tortured genius or a fucked up attention seeker? Do you think Nicky Wire is controversial on purpose to live up to his kooky image or is he just up himself?

Favourite songs?

Give me something people!

Yep been a fan of theirs for years. I'm sure there was a thread on here not so long ago about them. I'd just seen them at the time at Liverpool Uni. Brilliant as ever and Ian McCulloch joined them on stage. Think they has a bit of a dip in from a few years ago but really like the last couple of albums.

Very hard to pick a favourite song, there are too many. If I could only ever hear them play one song again then Motorcycle Emptiness would have to be the one. But keep playing Autumn Song recently. Certain ones always seem better live than on CD, e.g. You Love Us.

Don't think Richey was an attention seeker. He obviously had (or still has) issues and struggled to deal with them.

Will go and see them every time they tour, always good for the money.

Was rocking too 'Australia' in the bath last night. They've made a shit-load of tunes and one or two really hit the spot. Also a hell of a lot of dross.
Here's a classic
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsH5BbBZCYc[/youtube]

Used to be a fan until just after everything must go -still love if you tolerate this.Nicky Wire is a bit embarassing.

I would agree with anyone who said that without RJE they lost something.

12 years ago , thats scary

great band live anyway

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTZms54FXs[/youtube]

I liked their earlier stuff, The Holy Bible is one of my favourite albums, but I think things went down hill after Richey left. Everything Must Go was decent I suppose but everything up to Journal for Plague Lovers is awful. Basically, if Richey had an input in it, I usually like it. So yeah, I think that from a creative p.o.v his leaving hindered them, but at the time he was so unstable they probably wouldn't have lasted long if he stayed, so it's kind of a catch 22 situation.

As for the members themselves, Nicky is a bit embarrassing now, a forty odd year old father of two still prancing about in dresses saying he hates everything just to be controversial. I think he's just trying to recapture his youth which is sad in any one really.

I think Richey was an attention seeking tortured genuis. He deffo had problems but I think he used it to his advantage. I actually think the '4 REAL' incident was a publicity stunt though obviously there has to be something wrong with someone to do that to themselves in the first place. But even though he always went on about how he felt used coz people was always asking him to show them his scars, he still always did it.
In short he was extremely intelligent and slightly manipulative, but seemed a genuinely sweet and sensitive guy who had issues and couldn't deal with them.

I love Motorcycle Emptiness, Love's Sweet Exile, Die in the Summertime, 4st 7lbs and Faster.

Is that enough for you :)

Now another question. Do people think Richey is dead or alive?

niceblueice said:

I personally think he's alive because of the money he took from his account in the weeks leading upto his disappearance and the fact that he drastically changed his appearance. But if he really killed himself I think he made people believe he could possibly be alive on purpose and that's just a major mind fuck and equally fucked up thing for someone to do.

Don't know if anyone on here will admit watching it but did anyone see them on Strictly Come Dancing the other week? What the hell was that about?!

Crackin band

Love design for life
Australia
Eveerything must Go

Wales' finest !!!

mostonblue said:
niceblueice said:

I personally think he's alive because of the money he took from his account in the weeks leading upto his disappearance and the fact that he drastically changed his appearance. But if he really killed himself I think he made people believe he could possibly be alive on purpose and that's just a major mind fuck and equally fucked up thing for someone to do.

Don't know if anyone on here will admit watching it but did anyone see them on Strictly Come Dancing the other week? What the hell was that about?!

never seen strictly come dancing but here it is

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_nTFbb6ALU[/youtube]

prefer this myself

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jblh5gU3fLI[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.