Man's best friend

remoh

I lost my dog last Saturday. She was 11yrs old and at her size could easily have lived another 6 or 7 years, but she got liver cancer and the Vet had to put her down.

My last dog died in the same way, from the same thing and before his time and the cat I had before him went the same way.

They were all well-loved and cared for with all injections as recommended and regular checks at the Vets and exercised regularly (the cat exercised himself).

After the loss of my previous dog, I started to wonder what might have caused two pets to be stricken with the same illness, but one day I was chatting to another dog owner and she asked me what I fed my pets on. The answer was dry complete food, as recommended by my Vet.- with plenty of water always available as required for this.

This lady pointed out to me that dry food was suspected of causing this liver trouble in many cases. Since then, I have met others who said the same.

At that point, I took my remaining dog off dry food and have given her canned meat ever since, but at that time she had eaten it for 8yrs and it seems to have been too late for her.

I have owned other dogs before and never lost a single one to this illness, so I suspect it is more than coincidence and I felt that I should warn other pet owners before they suffer the same loss and grief as myself.

If you should feel the same way as I do, given these facts, would you please warn others, so as to possibly cut the death toll.

To many of us, pets are part of our family and should have a full and healthy life; I have one dog left and he will NEVER eat dried food.

Sorry for your loss. If it's any help (and it probably isn't),it was the kindest thing you could have done for your pet. Weve all been there; I had to bring in our Jack Russell to be put to sleep on boxing day 3 or 4 years back. An awful day, but she was stricken with cancer. She'd had enough suffering.

Remoh

We had to have our 12 year old German Shep (Molly) put to sleep 2 weeks ago. Was probably the worst morning of my life, and I do not want to go through it again.

We got a 8 months old Border Collie a few days later.I thought it too soon, but Husband needed another best mate because he has always had a dog. And he was right because Gwen has filled a hole in our lives.

I really know what you are going through. xxx

mackenzie said:
Remoh

We had to have our 12 year old German Shep (Molly) put to sleep 2 weeks ago. Was probably the worst morning of my life, and I do not want to go through it again.

We got a 8 months old Border Collie a few days later.I thought it too soon, but Husband needed another best mate because he has always had a dog. And he was right because Gwen has filled a hole in our lives.

Funny that, my Mrs asked me the other day what would we do when our dies (whilst she was in the room, they understand you know) and I said the place would seem empty she is such a character and very loving (the dog that is LOL)

Ducado said:
mackenzie said:
Remoh

Funny that, my Mrs asked me the other day what would we do when our dies (whilst she was in the room, they understand you know) and I said the place would seem empty she is such a character and very loving (the dog that is LOL)

It was strange Duccy. I didn't think we needed another dog so soon, but in the end I was as eager as Jon to get one.

There is just something very comforting with having a dog around.

we have a staff and 4 years ago we took him to the vet cause he was peeing blood they said to castrate him which they did but while he was there they rang us up to say he had a tumar on his prostate and it was bad so they said it was better to leave him asleep while he was under,we said no he dies at home with us they said it was that bad they reckoned he only had 5 maybe 7 days left,as you can imagine we were gutted so we pampered the little git,he is still here to this day at 15yrs old now and still playin on it.So dont always believe what vets tell you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.