Mansfield Town (h), 1998, attendance 3007, were you there?

aye! Plenty of room on the bottom tier of the new Kippax, can remember they brought 2/300 perhaps? Met a Rangers fan who had come back from a Europe trip with the Gers, via Maine Road (as City were his second team). Don't know anyone else who would be mad enough to do it, far play to the lad (wonder where he is now............). Also remember the tabloid (Mirror) I think, highlighting 55,000 at leper colony for a European game (night before?) and our attendance, with photographs to accompany it. Not fair to compair given the respective competitions, but it didnt stop the press putting the boot in then. Oh and we signed the goalscorer Lee Peacock on the strength of his two goals for the Stags. CTWD :-)

I started glory seeking after that game... I went with my Dad and it was like a reserve fixture, can't remember many kiosks open for half time grub.

ahhh, the lovely auto windscreens shield!

I was there, even though no one wanted to win to me it was still a first team home match so i couldn't miss it :)

(i've been brainwashed like that for a long long long time!)

awaydayblue said:
aye! Plenty of room on the bottom tier of the new Kippax, can remember they brought 2/300 perhaps? Met a Rangers fan who had come back from a Europe trip with the Gers, via Maine Road (as City were his second team). Don't know anyone else who would be mad enough to do it, far play to the lad (wonder where he is now............). Also remember the tabloid (Mirror) I think, highlighting 55,000 at leper colony for a European game (night before?) and our attendance, with photographs to accompany it. Not fair to compair given the respective competitions, but it didnt stop the press putting the boot in then. Oh and we signed the goalscorer Lee Peacock on the strength of his two goals for the Stags. CTWD :-)

That reporter from the Mirror shit himself at the next home game. A few blues tried to get to him at the back of the Main Stand.

awaydayblue said:

I was there but seem to recall a guy called Christie scoring for them not the legend that is Lee Peacock - can anyone clarify?

Tbilisi said:
awaydayblue said:

I was there but seem to recall a guy called Christie scoring for them not the legend that is Lee Peacock - can anyone clarify?

Think Christie won the penalty. Peacock got both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.