Mansour's unhappy with club

stonerblue said:
why didn't you title this 'Mancini going nowhere'?

It seems to me whether he survives or not is dependent on where Pep decides to go. If he chooses Chelsea or elsewhere, Bobby may be able to stay longer than this season. If Pep is interested in coming to us, then it is very likely that he will become a dead man walking from Jan.2013.

I do not understand the title of this thread. It's yet another attempt to spread panic and dissent by inuendo. Sheikh Mansour is "unhappy" with the "club" but then it turns out that he's actually only "upset" by City's champions league "failings". Even more than that, "there are no moves to part company with Mancini, particularly with the club unbeaten in the Premier League this season." This is, of course, simply to sow the suggestion that that could change if the club does not remain unbeaten in the PL!

As the mystery illness said, "and theres me thinking he'd be delighted." We are all "unhappy" or "upset" with our record in the PL this season. We hoped for better, but we got Real, Borussia and Ajax instead and we've crashed out. The Sheikh shares these feelings apparently, but he and the board deal in solving problems not in making irrelevant gestures. I bet there will be some concrete, positive steps taken to give us a better chance next season, and these will not involve replacing Roberto Mancini, the man appointed by the Sheikh and recently given a new, 5 year contract for the great success the club has had since he was brought in.

cordonbleu said:
stonerblue said:

It seems to me whether he survives or not is dependent on where Pep decides to go. If he chooses Chelsea or elsewhere, Bobby may be able to stay longer than this season. If Pep is interested in coming to us, then it is very likely that he will become a dead man walking from Jan.2013.

You make a mistake if you think it´s all rosy between Txiki and Pep ..

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I do not understand the title of this thread. It's yet another attempt to spread panic and dissent by inuendo. Sheikh Mansour is "unhappy" with the "club" but then it turns out that he's actually only "upset" by City's champions league "failings". Even more than that, "there are no moves to part company with Mancini, particularly with the club unbeaten in the Premier League this season." This is, of course, simply to sow the suggestion that that could change if the club does not remain unbeaten in the PL!

As the mystery illness said, "and theres me thinking he'd be delighted." We are all "unhappy" or "upset" with our record in the PL this season. We hoped for better, but we got Real, Borussia and Ajax instead and we've crashed out. The Sheikh shares these feelings apparently, but he and the board deal in solving problems not in making irrelevant gestures. I bet there will be some concrete, positive steps taken to give us a better chance next season, and these will not involve replacing Roberto Mancini, the man appointed by the Sheikh and recently given a new, 5 year contract for the great success the club has had since he was brought in.

Yes, there have been such "concrete, positive steps" and they were the appointment of Soriano and Begiristain. It's up to Mancini to show that he can work with Txiki as part of a team if he wants a long-term future at the club. Mancini is more than intelligent enough to understand that, so the real question is whether he can sublimate his ego well enough to meet Begiristain half-way.

S04 said:
cordonbleu said:
stonerblue said:

And you know it isn't, as facts?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Well, if the Good Sheikh wants to improve within the CL, chucking out the baby with the bath water isn't gonna bring the improvement he wants.

Incidentally, the self-styled world's best manager, Jose, ain't having a ball this season in the CL.

But he will still qualify though

cordonbleu said:
stonerblue said:

I was asking about this because the OP has put his own 'spin' on the article, and not as a question on whether the manager stays or goes.

The title claims the Sheik is unhappy but the piece then says something completely different.
We get enough negative press without Blues having a go as well.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:32 pm --<br /><br />
stonerblue said:
burnagelane said:
After all the reports , and the angst, the fact remains City have only 2 points out of a possible 12. No City fan can be happy with that.
Face it, in spite of the diabolical refereeing, City are playing well below what is required to win the big one in Europe. Mancini has not had the experience of getting out of the Eimination stage in the CL tournament.
I'm one who believes if he doesn't bring home the league title this season, with the great talent available, then City must look elsewhere.

Is there anyone who can confidentally tell, who Mancini's substitutions will be?

I'm very happy with being 3rd in the league, only 2 points off the top.

Can you confidently tell me what any managers subs will be this weekend? You can pick any team out of any league.

I'll take your lack of reply re; subs as a great big no then.

cordonbleu said:
S04 said:
cordonbleu said:

And you know it isn't, as facts?

There was a bust up around the signing of David Villa according to a Barca mate, but that goes with the territory I guess..

You can't expect the Sheikh to be happy with our performances in Europe , they are frustrating , and one or two have been nothing short of disgraceful ...... let's not forget that these Champions League games are shown all over the world , including Abu Dhabi .... and the Sheikh watches everything that City do , and he'll probably watch some of our 'bigger' games with a few members of his wealthy social circle !

He won't want them to see some of the dross that we've been churning out in Europe , and especially after parting with so much cash !

Thses players of ours are certainly not showing the required level of committment , or focus , especially in Europe ...... we know it , they know it , and the Sheikh will know it too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.