Manu and Toure - reason they joined us

Blue Dove

Just an opinion.

After all this talk about lack of ambition and chasing cash instead of trophys perhaps it's more to do with football reasons.
Wenger refuses to spend money or bring in established star players. Arshavin appears to be the only real exception.
He has been brilliant at identifying young raw talent and producing top quality players. But that takes time.
Arsenal have won nothing for 3-4 years and yet Wenger continues with this policy. Not all Arsenal fans support this policy either.
Maybe Manu and Toure didn't see the picture Wenger was painting and thought they maybe going through next year as nearly men again. Loads of pats on the back but no silverware.
They are not guaranteed success in their first year at City but didn't want to miss the opportunity that was presented to them (sounding like MH there!).

Just a thought!

Blue Dove said:
Just an opinion.

After all this talk about lack of ambition and chasing cash instead of trophys perhaps it's more to do with football reasons.
Wenger refuses to spend money or bring in established star players. Arshavin appears to be the only real exception.
He has been brilliant at identifying young raw talent and producing top quality players. But that takes time.
Arsenal have won nothing for 3-4 years and yet Wenger continues with this policy. Not all Arsenal fans support this policy either.
Maybe Manu and Toure didn't see the picture Wenger was painting and thought they maybe going through next year as nearly men again. Loads of pats on the back but no silverware.
They are not guaranteed success in their first year at City but didn't want to miss the opportunity that was presented to them (sounding like MH there!).

Just a thought!

They have signed 4/5 year contracts. Will Arsenal be more successful than City over that period?

I don't think so.

Blue Dove said:
Just an opinion.

Just a thought!

Theres never just one reason for anyone doing anything so all what you have said is right! but money is one of the biggest factors no matter how many other reasons we can think of! ive just left one place of work which was better than the new place ive decided to go to because of money, it will be the same for them too!

Nobody is going to come out and say that they signed for the money. But . . . . . . . MANU and KOLO seemed to have doubled or tripled what was, at Arsenal, quite a sizeable salary. There are many variables as to why players want to join and I think that people looking in will pick the reason they prefer. I think that a move ise made on the basis of several reasons - football, challenge, money . . . . . . . . and the money is unbelievable!

No Arsenal fan will have a bad word to say about Toure's commitment at Arsenal, nor his playing style, he fell out with Gallas and wanted new challenge. We got 16m for a player with year left on his contract, going to acn and we only bought for 350,000. Yeah he was poor for his standard's last year, i think thats to do with the maleria he caught.

On adebayor i said it before on here, we should have sold him when he butted bendtner and then refused to pass to him away at birmingham, when eduardo broke leg. He can blame the fans all he wants but he whored himself around last year to european clubs, and got what he deserved.

good luck with kolo he was cult status at Arsenal

Never said the money wouldn't play a big part but they are hardly skint nor are they short of options if they wanted to move. My point was that maybe it just wasn't panning out as they wanted at Arsenal and City gave them a better chance of silverware in the future.

i think money has been a draw in the majority of our signings but the fact is we'll have to win silverware before players of this qaulity come to us without the main draw being the money

anyone who thinks that all these foreigners in the prem are not here for the money must be crazy, if they are lucky and gifted they go to liverpool etc if not they go down the list, every prem side has foreigners in it

The mad thing is we could miss both players at the hardest time of the season. Both could well be off for the African Nations cup at the turn of the year. This will effect us big time I never understood why the African Nations hasn't been moved to the end of the season when it would be better for the players to play in and wont fuck up there club teams. Is Adebayor still not playing for Togo these days or is he back again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.