Manu Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Made his debut for the Under 18s today. Right little firecracker he is, has some excellent close control.

Looks a good player, I thought he was immense for U16's In Qatar the other month.

I think we will be seeing this lad in the Youth Champions League next season.

Looked calm and composed despite playing with lads two years older than him today. Impressive little player.

I didn't watch the match, but out of an extremely talented bunch of kids in the Qatar tournament, he stood out as the best of the bunch for City. Has the right attributes to be a City player if he keeps developing his skills.

We have cherry picked some quality young Spanish talent from the smaller clubs over there like Garcia (Gijon), Maffeo (Espanyol), Brahim (Malaga), Fernandes (Zaragoza) and Tasende (Deportivo). We must have a great scouting presence.

LoveCity said:
I didn't watch the match, but out of an extremely talented bunch of kids in the Qatar tournament, he stood out as the best of the bunch for City. Has the right attributes to be a City player if he keeps developing his skills.

We have cherry picked some quality young Spanish talent from the smaller clubs over there like Garcia (Gijon), Maffeo (Espanyol), Brahim (Malaga), Fernandes (Zaragoza) and Tasende (Deportivo). We must have a great scouting presence.

We've certainly got our finger on the pulse over there but considering the exec team you would expect knowledge of Spanish prospects to be bread and butter. Not all players at La Masia start at Barca when they were born as they would have you believe, they cherry pick them from 9 to 16 from the smaller Spanish clubs just as we have. Securing a lot of these talents over Barcelona is a testament to our sporting director as well as the pull of our upcoming best in the world training facilities.

Garcia as you say was the standout in Al Kass. Dictates the game from midfield and has defensive and positional awareness when he doesn't have the ball which is a bonus at his age and in his position.

I think Maffeo is an outstanding talent as well, been a little unlucky with injury but he is an all round modern right full back. Angelino has superb ability but is still learning his position.

LoveCity said:

have we got the same in South America to the best of your knowledge LC?

BringBackSwales said:
LoveCity said:

I don't know to what extent, but our presence there has definitely improved. There was a story about this last year, saying Txiki would use his contacts to give us a chance of getting top young talent from there. Zuculini seems signed and sealed and a few others are linked like Correa and Nathan.

LoveCity said:
BringBackSwales said:
LoveCity said:

I don't know to what extent, but our presence there has definitely improved. There was a story about this last year, saying Txiki would use his contacts to give us a chance of getting top young talent from there. Zuculini seems signed and sealed and a few others are linked like Correa and Nathan.

cheers LC

Grob said:
LoveCity said:

We've certainly got our finger on the pulse over there but considering the exec team you would expect knowledge of Spanish prospects to be bread and butter. Not all players at La Masia start at Barca when they were born as they would have you believe, they cherry pick them from 9 to 16 from the smaller Spanish clubs just as we have. Securing a lot of these talents over Barcelona is a testament to our sporting director as well as the pull of our upcoming best in the world training facilities.

Garcia as you say was the standout in Al Kass. Dictates the game from midfield and has defensive and positional awareness when he doesn't have the ball which is a bonus at his age and in his position.

I think Maffeo is an outstanding talent as well, been a little unlucky with injury but he is an all round modern right full back. Angelino has superb ability but is still learning his position.

Maybe the best of the bunch for me is Maffeo.

MCFCReserves&Academy ‏@MCFC_EDS_ACAD 4m
Well done to #MCFC midfielders @Manugarcia_98 and @FPaolo10 for signing their scholarships today - looking forward to great season from both

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Grob said:
LoveCity said:

Maybe the best of the bunch for me is Maffeo.

Loads of talent in those age groups imo. Difficult to rate whos best as they kind of take it in turns. Really seem to be on another level of football intelligence comapred to kids of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.