Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good price for a good cb.

He is my very fast so I hope this isn't a signing with inverted fullbacks in mind lol. Hopefully it might be an indication that we plan on playing 3 at the back more often(like 2nd half vs Palace, adding depth to that position makes sense if that's the case.

Really odd if true. I've always quite liked him in the limited times I've seen him play but doesn't he have injury issues?

Makes no sense to bring in a 5th cb, so either one of the injuries we have to ake/laporte is going to keep them out for at least half a season or one is leaving.

I'm happy to bring in an extra body to bolster our almost negligent tiny squad, cb is probably the very last position aside from keeper I'd pick for an extra body though. A genuine fullback would have made more sense.
Checked his stats and he’s played decent number of games last 3/4 seasons, so certainly can’t be much in the way of injury problems.

Really odd if true. I've always quite liked him in the limited times I've seen him play but doesn't he have injury issues?

Makes no sense to bring in a 5th cb, so either one of the injuries we have to ake/laporte is going to keep them out for at least half a season or one is leaving.

I'm happy to bring in an extra body to bolster our almost negligent tiny squad, cb is probably the very last position aside from keeper I'd pick for an extra body though. A genuine fullback would have made more sense.
Completely disagree. We need another as also proven end last season. Also frees up versatile defenders to cover elsewhere if all of them are fit! Also stops Roddes and Kalvin to have to play there

I reckon it's a combination of our CB's seemingly being injury prone + a lack of full-backs. Which means that we might need to shift 1 of our CB's into FB at times.

Then next summer if Ake wants to leave, Akanji will take his place as our 4th choice CB.
Quite possibly.

Anyway let's hope he turned out to be a good 'un for us (assuming we sign him).

A five year deal suggests this is a serious signing for the first team , maybe ake is on the way out , that would be a shame
Doesn’t suggest anything, it’s a standard length contract.

Gives us cover and we see how the season pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.