Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to sign him in the last week after Ake's last injury. Being careful with Laporte

Backup option

As per pol Ballus on the podcast

In addition, pol also said that Dias also had the 6 weeks off and he has groin related issues, so it made sense to get Akanji in, who will be in the Ake role, to provide quality back up and rotations can be made without a big drop off in quality

Just watched the embargoed part of yesterday's press conference & when asked about injuries, Pep said that Jack, Nathan & Kalvin were running in training & he'd take a closer look at them at either the weekend, the first CL match or for the Spuds game & see where they were at in terms of fitness.

Crucially he also said we need them back ASAP, as we only have a few players.

We've already had injuries affecting squad availability & we're still in August. I'd have preferred a senior LB & a top class left footed, left winger, but Akanji is a step in the right direction.

We've had an August injury warning prior to commencing 3 games per week. Surely it's utter madness to embark upon a World Cup disrupted season being so obviously light in senior squad numbers, given that we've still got 36 hours to remedy the situation whilst the option to do so is still in our hands?

Didn't Pep once say that he doesn't teach tackling because if you have to go to the floor, it shows you were positionally wrong in the first instance?

Could it be Akanji's quick thinking (mental arithmetic genius), brilliant passing stats & his electric pace that negates the need for him to be involved in last ditched, body on the line tackling?

For me this sounds more like a plus than a negative.

Yeah I get where you're coming from and agree for the most part. Overzealous defending has absolutely done my head in with a couple of our past and presents centre backs and the conservative approach is always the best when done well.

That being said, Dortmund have conceded a few goals over the last couple of seasons where Akanji has just refused to even attempt to block a shot. I doubt he'd get away with it here because we can afford to drop players for those mistakes.

does anyone know the agents fees or do i need to wait for Kaveh on the transfer show
It will start with but we HAVE to talk about agent fees and add ons. Which is strange as we don't with any other transfer, but we cant report City doing good business now can we...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.