Manuel Pellegrini refuses handshake after wild Jose

neel

Manuel Pellegrini said he chose not to shake Jose Mourinho’s hand after the Chelsea manager celebrated Fernando Torres’ winner by running in front of the away benches and jumping into the home fans.

The City manager said he did not wish to speak about Mourinho, then added: “I didn’t expect anything else. It is a different way to celebrate from me.” Asked whether he had shaken hands with Mourinho he replied: “No, I didn’t shake hands. Because I didn’t want to.” Asked why, he said: “I repeat, I didn’t want to shake hands. I don’t want to say more.”

Later Mourinho said that if any offence was caused he would apologise but that he was trying to find his 14-year-old son in the seats behind the away dug-out in order to celebrate with him. Mourinho said: “Look, I think Chelsea is guilty because I want to buy a season ticket for my son, and they give them a season ticket behind the away dug-out. They have to change it. I went for him. I promise. I went for him. The next match you’ll see him there again.

“But this is the drama of the last year. I beat City in the last minute in Madrid, and I slid on my knees and destroyed the trousers. I lost [a lead] in the last minute against Bayern Munich and it was like somebody put a knife in my back and I didn’t see. This is the emotion. If they [City] believe my son is there, great. If they don’t believe, I apologise, if they feel I did something wrong.”

There was no public backing for Joe Hart from Pellegrini after the goalkeeper came out his area to clear Willian’s ball, only for Matija Nastasic to head it past him and let Torres in. Pellegrini said he would discuss the goal only with his players, a sharp contrast to the approach of his predecessor Roberto Mancini.

Pellegrini said: “From tomorrow, we are going to see the best way to arrange things. In the three games we lost away... we are losing stupid points, yes. The three defeats we had away we didn’t deserve, but the reality is we have lost them.

Mourinho said: “He [Pellegrini] lost the game in the last minute. I have sympathy with that. Many times, in other cultures and countries, we shake hands before the game and that’s enough. In Madrid normally I never did it, so I don’t feel it’s a lack of respect. If he was sad because of the result, I understand. If he thought I’d done something wrong celebrating there I accept that too.”

Re: Manuel Pellegrini refuses handsshake after wild Jose

neel said:
Manuel Pellegrini said he chose not to shake Jose Mourinho’s hand after the Chelsea manager celebrated Fernando Torres’ winner by running in front of the away benches and jumping into the home fans.

The City manager said he did not wish to speak about Mourinho, then added: “I didn’t expect anything else. It is a different way to celebrate from me.” Asked whether he had shaken hands with Mourinho he replied: “No, I didn’t shake hands. Because I didn’t want to.” Asked why, he said: “I repeat, I didn’t want to shake hands. I don’t want to say more.”

Later Mourinho said that if any offence was caused he would apologise but that he was trying to find his 14-year-old son in the seats behind the away dug-out in order to celebrate with him. Mourinho said: “Look, I think Chelsea is guilty because I want to buy a season ticket for my son, and they give them a season ticket behind the away dug-out. They have to change it. I went for him. I promise. I went for him. The next match you’ll see him there again.

“But this is the drama of the last year. I beat City in the last minute in Madrid, and I slid on my knees and destroyed the trousers. I lost [a lead] in the last minute against Bayern Munich and it was like somebody put a knife in my back and I didn’t see. This is the emotion. If they [City] believe my son is there, great. If they don’t believe, I apologise, if they feel I did something wrong.”

There was no public backing for Joe Hart from Pellegrini after the goalkeeper came out his area to clear Willian’s ball, only for Matija Nastasic to head it past him and let Torres in. Pellegrini said he would discuss the goal only with his players, a sharp contrast to the approach of his predecessor Roberto Mancini.

Pellegrini said: “From tomorrow, we are going to see the best way to arrange things. In the three games we lost away... we are losing stupid points, yes. The three defeats we had away we didn’t deserve, but the reality is we have lost them.

Mourinho said: “He [Pellegrini] lost the game in the last minute. I have sympathy with that. Many times, in other cultures and countries, we shake hands before the game and that’s enough. In Madrid normally I never did it, so I don’t feel it’s a lack of respect. If he was sad because of the result, I understand. If he thought I’d done something wrong celebrating there I accept that too.”

Mourinho in 'I'm a shithouse and I know it but won't admit it' shocker.

Utterly classless.

Why wasn't he doing this after the villa game?!!!

Pellegrini said: “From tomorrow, we are going to see the best way to arrange things.

This regarding our goalie/defence

No one would want to shake hands with that **** the way he celebrated, but shaking hands isn't an admission of liking the guy or accepting his wild antics, its just respect for the game and most of all being able to keep your dignity no matter how much you disagree with the clown.

Pelligrini shouldn't have lowered himself down to Mourinho's level.

Train said:
No one would want to shake hands with that **** the way he celebrated, but shaking hands isn't an admission of liking the guy or accepting his wild antics, its just respect for the game and most of all being able to keep your dignity no matter how much you disagree with the clown.

Nice to see his passion showing..he is usually taken as nice guy...i bet he was hurt on seeing Jose do this in front of his clubs fans<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 am --<br /><br />
waspish said:

Pellegrini said: “From tomorrow, we are going to see the best way to arrange things.

yup...really cant blame him for all this mess...i thnk we now will have to concentrate on getting toop 4 finish...With defense like this, we have to deal with saurez, Ozil, Rooney in away games.....I think we will go all out for CB this Jan....Costal may get debut depending on his showing in captial one

neel said:
Train said:

Nice to see his passion showing..he is usually taken as nice guy...i bet he was hurt on seeing Jose do this in front of his clubs fans

-- Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 am --

waspish said:

yup...really cant blame him for all this mess...i thnk we now will have to concentrate on getting toop 4 finish...With defense like this, we have to deal with saurez, Ozil, Rooney in away games.....I think we will go all out for CB this Jan....Costal may get debut depending on his showing in captial one

We can't blame him for this mess?!! He chooses to play Garcia at centre back for the last few weeks, despite him being embarrassingly shite.

He refuses to consider Richards for CB, for no apparrent reason whatsoever.

He gives DeMichelis his first start in our toughest away game of the season.

He refuses to play Lescott and Nasti in the same team because they're both left footed. This in spite of the fact that Nasti's best game this season was against Everton, alongside Lescott.

He continues to pick Clichy despite him being woefully out of form, and drops Kolarov despite him being our most consistent defender all season.

He picks Dzeko and Negredo on the bench today, two similar players, and no recognised centre back on the bench (assuming he continues to refuse to aknowledge Richards can play CB).

He continues to play a high line despite us having one of the slowest defences in the league.

He's taken the best defence in the league from the last 3 years, one of the best defences in Europe, and turned us in to a defence that would shame a cub team.

It's not his fault Hart is an idiot, but to say Pellegrini is faultless for our pathetic defending this year is bull shit. The guy hasn't got a clue.

Firstly this dates back to Pellegrini being harshly sacked and then Jose ridiculing Pellegrini for taking employment with the supposedly City scale project with Malaga. Jose said he wouldn't take such a job.

Jose was the manager of a team that were lucky to draw at home let alone be gifted the win. He didn't even have the decency to shake hands and instead fucked off to the fans to avoid the issue. Was Pellegrini meant to wait there for him to finish? Of course not. Jose was in the wrong hence the bullshit apology. I'm an Jose fan btw, just shooting straight and saying what I saw.

'a sharp contrast to the approach of his predecessor Roberto Mancini'

And just what the fuck has Mancini got to do with it? Why even mention him? How utterly stupid.

Shaelumstash said:
neel said:
Train said:

Nice to see his passion showing..he is usually taken as nice guy...i bet he was hurt on seeing Jose do this in front of his clubs fans

-- Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 am --

waspish said:

We can't blame him for this mess?!! He chooses to play Garcia at centre back for the last few weeks, despite him being embarrassingly shite.

He refuses to consider Richards for CB, for no apparrent reason whatsoever.

He gives DeMichelis his first start in our toughest away game of the season.

He refuses to play Lescott and Nasti in the same team because they're both left footed. This in spite of the fact that Nasti's best game this season was against Everton, alongside Lescott.

He continues to pick Clichy despite him being woefully out of form, and drops Kolarov despite him being our most consistent defender all season.

He picks Dzeko and Negredo on the bench today, two similar players, and no recognised centre back on the bench (assuming he continues to refuse to aknowledge Richards can play CB).

He continues to play a high line despite us having one of the slowest defences in the league.

He's taken the best defence in the league from the last 3 years, one of the best defences in Europe, and turned us in to a defence that would shame a cub team.

It's not his fault Hart is an idiot, but to say Pellegrini is faultless for our pathetic defending this year is bull shit. The guy hasn't got a clue.

Nail on the head.

Train said:

^^^^
Very much this.
I can't abide Maureen - he is a classless, petulant tosser, but you show you are better than him by not descending to his level and by shaking his hand.
I honestly thought Pellegrini was above such infantile behaviour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.