Manuel Pellegrini refuses handshake after wild Jose

Re: Manuel Pellegrini refuses handsshake after wild Jose

TGR said:
'a sharp contrast to the approach of his predecessor Roberto Mancini'

And just what the fuck has Mancini got to do with it? Why even mention him? How utterly stupid.

They (the press) are still livid that Pellegrini didn't speak out against Hart or criticise players like Mancini would have so instead choose this angle.

Jose was the one wrong for the handshake stuff.

MP thinks good guys like himself should be winners but football´s not like that. At this level in the PL you need to be a bit of a twat from time to time. Time for him to stand up and be counted rather than displaying bitterness. Look no further than one Diego Pablo "chollo" Simeone

mike channon´s windmill said:
MP thinks good guys like himself should be winners but football´s not like that. At this level in the PL you need to be a bit of a twat from time to time. Time for him to stand up and be counted rather than displaying bitterness. Look no further than one Diego Pablo "chollo" Simeone
It amuses me that you are talking at great length this morning about people having "balls" and being "winners" and yet before virtually every game you seem to predict doom and gloom from a City perspective.

That mental fortitude that you seem to admire so much in others wouldn't go amiss in yourself :-)

Hmmmm
I actually thought MP was above all that. But it seems Jose antics and verbal games from their time in the Spain got to him.

Bilboblue said:
neel said:
Manuel Pellegrini said he chose not to shake Jose Mourinho’s hand after the Chelsea manager celebrated Fernando Torres’ winner by running in front of the away benches and jumping into the home fans.

The City manager said he did not wish to speak about Mourinho, then added: “I didn’t expect anything else. It is a different way to celebrate from me.” Asked whether he had shaken hands with Mourinho he replied: “No, I didn’t shake hands. Because I didn’t want to.” Asked why, he said: “I repeat, I didn’t want to shake hands. I don’t want to say more.”

Later Mourinho said that if any offence was caused he would apologise but that he was trying to find his 14-year-old son in the seats behind the away dug-out in order to celebrate with him. Mourinho said: “Look, I think Chelsea is guilty because I want to buy a season ticket for my son, and they give them a season ticket behind the away dug-out. They have to change it. I went for him. I promise. I went for him. The next match you’ll see him there again.

“But this is the drama of the last year. I beat City in the last minute in Madrid, and I slid on my knees and destroyed the trousers. I lost [a lead] in the last minute against Bayern Munich and it was like somebody put a knife in my back and I didn’t see. This is the emotion. If they [City] believe my son is there, great. If they don’t believe, I apologise, if they feel I did something wrong.”

There was no public backing for Joe Hart from Pellegrini after the goalkeeper came out his area to clear Willian’s ball, only for Matija Nastasic to head it past him and let Torres in. Pellegrini said he would discuss the goal only with his players, a sharp contrast to the approach of his predecessor Roberto Mancini.

Pellegrini said: “From tomorrow, we are going to see the best way to arrange things. In the three games we lost away... we are losing stupid points, yes. The three defeats we had away we didn’t deserve, but the reality is we have lost them.

Mourinho said: “He [Pellegrini] lost the game in the last minute. I have sympathy with that. Many times, in other cultures and countries, we shake hands before the game and that’s enough. In Madrid normally I never did it, so I don’t feel it’s a lack of respect. If he was sad because of the result, I understand. If he thought I’d done something wrong celebrating there I accept that too.”

Mourinho in 'I'm a shithouse and I know it but won't admit it' shocker.

Utterly classless.

Correct scumbag goon

I just wonder what Jose here I am would have said if pellers had ran on front of his bench and gave it them royal, we are taking about a guy who sneaked up behind an opposition coach and gouged him in the eye, I hope pellers destroys this guy at the end of the season.

Being Greek and having lived in Manchester for many years (and naturally supporting the only team in Manchester) I am still surprised by the gravity of the handshake issue when it's largely an empty gesture. The manager can be a twat for 90 minutes, scream at the referee, abuse the linesmen, point at his (stopped) watch while chewing a piece of gum frantically, trying to cheat a decision any way he can from the opposition and then celebrate in front of the away dug-out - and the opponent needs to be the bigger man and shake his hand as if nothing happened!

If you want a strong manager and strong mentality, that's the way to play it. MP needs to be a strong manager to control his very expensive players at this level and he needs to display that in the dressing room: standing up to Mourinho is a step towards that direction.

Stay classy Manuel. I feel a complete disconnect between him and us fans. Nothing like bobby.

CityReg said:
Stay classy Manuel. I feel a complete disconnect between him and us fans. Nothing like bobby.

Why, because he doesnt wear a city scarf in the dugout?
Odd criticism

Even Jose mentions that in the last country they both worked in it wasn't customary to shake after the match, yet the usual wankers on here are having a go.
Well done Pellers, I'd of not shook his hand. His celebration was that of a grade one me me me and the only thing pellers should have shook is his fooking neck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.