Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole team has been shit tonight. No fucking urgency AGAIN. Poor passing, shit final ball and crap defending.

The team needs a shake up, we had another shit transfer window (Platini's fault not the club's) and we've got a bit stale and one dimensional. Teams have worked out how to play us now so it's a lot harder to break them down. With a lack of pace from midfield and only one decent goalscorer we need a couple of big signings next summer to mount a proper challenge again. We look lacklustre this season.

Cheesy said:
I wasn't convinced by him last year (it's on record on here!). Yes, he won the league (all that can be asked of him) but I honestly think an excellent manager (which is what we need) would have won it by more. Let's face it, it was hardly a vintage year for the PL in terms of quality.

Anyway, let's put aside that for a minute. I'd really like peoples thoughts on signings made during his tenure so far (whether made by him or Txiki).

Demichelis
Faour
Jovetic
Fernandinho
Navas
Mangala
Zuculini
Caballero
Fernando
Sagna

£150 million spent. For me, that just isn't showing any value for money. Yes, it's early days for some but there sure as hell isn't a world class player in there who can take us up to the next level.

Plenty that can play a part in a world class team, but clearly we have too many similar players, and too many players with a similar mentality of essentially being right mard arses.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with this team. It shouldn't have mentality issues. It shouldn't have confidence issues. They're fantastic players paid a wedge playing for a great team in the best league in the world. If that isn't enough to motivate you to play 90 minutes twice a week I really do not know what fucking is. They can get fucked.

raymondkl92 said:
Fail to win next two games and he'll be gone.

I agree, since we'll be 8 behind Chelsea, out of the CL, and out of the League Cup in a week's time. There really are no viable in-season replacements, though.

He's turned the defence into a shambles. It didn't matter so much when we could score at will nit when we struggle for goals, we never look like keeping a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.