Maradona, truly the best player on this planet so far

The game back then was rougher yes but have you seen how defenders get wound up by Messi and launch themselves at him? I think it would be unfair to say players are not allowed to touch him. He is very very good at anticipating a oppo players move and reacting quick enough to avoid getting smashed.

Some of those efforts would ruin your day if they made contact.

Maybe by today's standards but players literally just used to run up and Boot Maradonna in the air. They'd be 2 red cards a game now.

Maybe by today's standards but players literally just used to run up and Boot Maradonna in the air. They'd be 2 red cards a game now.
lol true, i seem to remember footage of a player looking at Maradonna and running at him, he had no eyes for the ball at all and just booted him as hard as he could and took his legs out, i think he got a free kick for it xD The dynamics are really hard to quantify but both are way ahead of Pele imo. Garincha is woefully underrated to as i would never call a man who had him down as the best as crazy or silly either.

It would be lovely to have seen both play in the same era.

lol true, i seem to remember footage of a player looking at Maradonna and running at him, he had no eyes for the ball at all and just booted him as hard as he could and took his legs out, i think he got a free kick for it xD The dynamics are really hard to quantify but both are way ahead of Pele imo. Garincha is woefully underrated to as i would never call a man who had him down as the best as crazy or silly either.

It would be lovely to have seen both play in the same era.
that it would. Messi is the 2nd best i've seen imo btw, though i reckon the real Ronaldo could have been up there if he'd have had less injuries.

that it would. Messi is the 2nd best i've seen imo btw, though i reckon the real Ronaldo could have been up there if he'd have had less injuries.
If Ronahdinho ever took the game seriously he has a shout to. He is probably the most naturally gifted with a ball i have ever seen. He does tricks that even trickster pros need multiple attempts at, whilst at full speed in a major match. He always has a smile for the fans to, i can't really knock the guy, just a "what if" with him. I would feel a twat demanding he played the game any different to how he does.

The OP obviously never saw Rick Holden in his pomp. Christ, he was some player. Imagine a hybrid of Leroy, Spanish Dave, KDB and Sergio. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls; I give you Rick Holden.

I'm serious. You obviously never saw him either. You're one of those former Chelsea fans who jumped on board when Sheikhy put a few bob into the club.
#gloryhunter

I did see him. Against dirty Leeds. First game of the 93/94 season, shortly before Reid’s was given his P45 by John Maddock and/or Peter fucking Swales.

One of the biggest wastes of money* in our long and distinguished history of wasting money, when Reid had criminally let Michael Hughes go for next to nothing.

* yes, I know Holden was swapped for Steve Redmond and Neil "Dissa" Pointon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.