Marathon Bet confirmed as new training kit partner

Why the absolute obsession with betting in the UK... granted I left Manchester as a 13 year old kid to live in Monaco and have been global ever since but I have never understood why my native countrymen seem so bent on gambling. It's sad.
Why is it sad, people drink and smoke that must be sad also.

I go to the races now and again, its a great day out especially in the summer, it is what it is.

Know 3 peope in the last year who's lives have been completely destroyed by gambling addiction. I suppose because some can handle it and because drink and smoking are also harmful, it's fine.

About time City start using the financial power in the transfer market. It's been a while.

What else is the money for? Certainly no use to the fans if it's lying in some bank vault.
IIRC, City made £10M in profit last year. New contracts for players like Sterling, re-upping Fernandinho, etc, etc, etc...eat up millions of quid in a hurry!

I’m all in favor of us buying world class talent to add to the squad, especially with needs arising in numerous areas as worldies retire and move on, but I believe it is more important than ever that City become a self-sustaining club.

I agree with this point to be honest, perhaps none of the kids stuff should have it on ?

Or do a double deal and see if Mars would give us something to put snickers on the kids stuff ?
There won’t be any betting company logo on kids kit I’d rather see a worthy charity than some pedlar of sweet confectionery though City in the Community for one

Know 3 peope in the last year who's lives have been completely destroyed by gambling addiction. I suppose because some can handle it and because drink and smoking are also harmful, it's fine.

Yes, it is fine, it is fine as it is not illegal, I am sorry for your friends' problems with gambling just as I am sorry that I can't get my daughter to stop smoking and most of all sorry for myself as I can't stop eating chocolate coated stuff and consequently am not at the weight I desire but I have stopped drinking (near alcoholic levels) and I did stop smoking (40+ a day) and I haven't had a bet for 2 months.

Will power is a funny thing, it can be found in most people but not for all things, Smoking and drinking were, in essence, a piece of piss to give up, gambling a little harder but losing 4 stone is like a herculean task for me, no matter how much I actually want it to happen.

Why the absolute obsession with betting in the UK... granted I left Manchester as a 13 year old kid to live in Monaco and have been global ever since but I have never understood why my native countrymen seem so bent on gambling. It's sad.

Its even worse here in Australia - and I agree with you that it's a sad state of affairs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.