Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true what has been mentioned by the media (a big if) then I can see City and Brighton meeting somewhere down the middle with the fee imo.

Grealish's actual worth will be decided over the course of his City career. Even at 100m he may well be a great signing. Too early to tell now.

Walker and Cancelo were very expensive, but we are happy to have them now. The same may well happen with Grealish. Those arguing Grealish wasn't worth 100m pretend to know the future. Which is a bit foolish anyway. His entire career at City will decide his worth to the club, not one or two seasons.

no we did not overpay however you judge it, Jack is worth 100 mil just in a financial marketing sense in addition to what he gives on the pitch. cucurella is worth 0 off the pitch.

Really? The likes of Messi Ronaldo Pogba etc, values aside, sure are worth a lot in markting, with sponsors lining up to be associated with. And while most of that hoes to them, there is an association with that the club benefits from. Grealish? What's he the face of, I genuinely don't know.

I think he is worth more as a footballer than as a marketing icon, and I would guess the club paid what they did for him predominantly for his footballing potential impact, rather than a marketing one.

Totally happy for you to explain it to me though, as it is not something I know much about.

Really? The likes of Messi Ronaldo Pogba etc, values aside, sure are worth a lot in markting, with sponsors lining up to be associated with. And while most of that hoes to them, there is an association with that the club benefits from. Grealish? What's he the face of, I genuinely don't know.

I think he is worth more as a footballer than as a marketing icon, and I would guess the club paid what they did for him predominantly for his footballing potential impact, rather than a marketing one.

Totally happy for you to explain it to me though, as it is not something I know much about.
Yes I agree, I asked for an explanation aswel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.