Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I dislike the diving twat Cancelo was up against one of the best players in the world today, there is nothing to suggest Cucurella would have contained him any better.
I doubt anyone could have played him worse. That walk by in the early going was embarrassing. Grealish having to shade over because he was afraid Cancelo couldn't hold up Salah led to the first goal. Why can't people be honest. Cancelo has great attacking attributes when he is on top of his game. He is not a good defender. This idea that he defends up the field is bullshit. There's no reason a team with world class players on their bench even can't find a NATURAL, LEFT SIDED BACK who can defend adequately and still contribute to the attack.

I doubt anyone could have played him worse. That walk by in the early going was embarrassing. Grealish having to shade over because he was afraid Cancelo couldn't hold up Salah led to the first goal. Why can't people be honest. Cancelo has great attacking attributes when he is on top of his game. He is not a good defender. This idea that he defends up the field is bullshit. There's no reason a team with world class players on their bench even can't find a NATURAL, LEFT SIDED BACK who can defend adequately and still contribute to the attack.
I agree with this even though you called me a jerk off the other day : )

He didn't even play the first leg and if memory serves the goal that took us into extra time came down our left when Cancelo was playing right back.
The goal that got Real back into the game was 1000% on Cancelo. He completely lost the defensive line keeping Benzema on side. Then he compounded it by not staying with the mark. If you break ranks and keep someone on side on your side you better at the very least stick with the runner. Not only did he not stick with him, he then went after him casually and lazily allowing the cross in to Rodrigo. Watch him in stoppage time in the build up to Kane's goal against Tottenham.

He didn't play in the first leg against Real because he made a sloppy dangerous tackle on the edge of the box in stoppage time vs Atletico and drew a booking and a suspension. Everyone can't be great at everything. Cancelo is technically gifted, an excellent passer and dribbler, when he is on his game, which isn't always. He is a piss poor defender, especially on the left side, whenever we play someone with legit talent up top. JMO.

Its a fukin glorified friendly. Lets see next Sunday hey

It's not about this game though. Cancelo's immaturity on the ball is why we didn't get to the CL final, he turns over the ball far too many times and we're not a team good at defending sustained pressure. Zinchenko wasn't perfect but his ability to just keep things simple was so important to us in title run ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.