Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Mahrez, but Grealish was doing half Cancelo's job defensively. If someone didn't see that, they weren't paying attention to the game.

Some of them only see him as 100m player, blinded by price tag and the need of amazing G/A stats to him to be considered good enough to justify his price tag.

You will never convince this crowd no matter how logical your agurment is.

So ,no plan B?

There will be a plan B - we need a left back and we will be putting pressure on the players agent to sort this by x or we move elsewhere. Hence the transfer request and the being ‘unavailable’ to play.

We have made a realistic valuation - the guy cost £15m 12 months ago - Txiki is standing up for the club and not letting others clubs take the piss…. £80m for Maguire, £150m + for Kane and £50m for Cucurella. I think he’s doing a great job. We will get someone in and we will get Cucurella this summer or in January.
I just don't see the relevance of what they paid for him being a function of what they want for him now.

Been handled badly this so far imo, was a key signing alongside Phillips and the two mentioned before the season ended was Haaland and Cucurella? Haaland was done early, Phillips went smoothly and surely we spoke to Brighton way before now to gauge the price?

The key issue here - as far as we can see - is Bloom wants a circa £40m profit in 12 months…. Our owners didn’t get rich by letting small time Spivs like Bloom take them to the cleaners. We won’t pay north of £50m end of and nor should we.

No offence. Not wishing to get into a spat with you.

You don’t need to be an expert to know we need a left back, and we have so far made a very healthy transfer profit.

For the sake of an £10mill-£15mill, which in the overall yearly financial picture at the club is nothing. Especially if we win the PL title again, and finally win then CL. Not to mention good domestic cup runs. Trophy prize money aside. TV money has gone up again. So has CL money. City have signed new sponsorship deals across the board. Season tickets have sold out. Match tickets are selling fast. And the new home shirt has been a huge success.

Just bite the bullet on 1 more signing, pay Bloom what he wants, and we finally have a proper left back, and a complete team and squad ready to dominate PL and European football this season.
I rest my case

We have made a realistic valuation - the guy cost £15m 12 months ago - Txiki is standing up for the club and not letting others clubs take the piss…. £80m for Maguire, £150m + for Kane and £50m for Cucurella. I think he’s doing a great job. We will get someone in and we will get Cucurella this summer or in January.
What he cost Brighton is utterly irrelevant.
They do not want to sell him, and would only do so with a crazy price tag, why can't people get that? simple logic.

Same last season with Kane, same with Grealish.

Big agree above, it does not matter what was paid for Cucurella. If he was bought for £5m and played the exact same, would you expect him to go for £30m? That wouldn't make sense since his ability is exactly the same?

Both clubs have their valuations, hopefully it can come to a conclusion so that in the 2% of games (Liverpool, Madrid etc) where Cancelo's free roaming at LB isn't ideal, Cucurella can step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.