Marco Reus

Castiel said:
NipHolmes said:
But that's a different league. Premier league is a stronger league.

Reus also plays a more attacking role. Bale was only a free role player when the strikers got injured. Bale is a true wide player who's got more to his game.

I rate Reus highly btw, just confident Bale is a better all round player.
How exactly is the Prem better? Are City/United/Chelsea better than Dortmund or Bayern? Are Everton, Stoke or West Brom better than Freiburg, Hamburg or Hannover? Certainly not recent showings in Europe. No current English team would win the Bundesliga at the moment, but either of Dortmund or Bayern would be good bets to win the Prem.

I remember a mid table Spanish side taking the piss out of our champions home and away not long ago. When was the last time you saw our equivalents dominate a top 4 team? This assumption that our league is somehow superior is based on a myth in my opinion. Or refers to a time when that may have been the case, but not any more. Germany have a very competitive league, skewed by Bayern's dominance at the very top (like we have with United). I don't think it's an unreasonable claim at all.

Bayern have been the best team in Europe last two seasons, they deserved the CL your team won. The difference is the rest of the league after Bayern and BVB. I believe Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool would all finish in the top4/5 in Germany. Our league has got even stronger over the summer too, teams like Southampton, Norwich and Swansea have all strengthened and they are mid-table teams. Germany looked great last year with the 1-2 finish in Europe but only a few years back it was England running away with everything before Barca came along. A stripped Malaga side nearly went through v BVB lets not forget, but to be fair BVB certainly deserved their final spot.

Healthwise Germany is in better health and will take over in the next 5 years on their current curve. I do however think it will be a one team domination over the next 3 years. Bayern's wealth and squad in on a completely different level to BVB and the rest.

As for Spain, it was the best league up until this summer when a firesale across the league happened, you're on about Bilbao but that Bilbao is no longer as their two best players both left (Bayern and Juventus). It's criminal how Athletico have to sell Aguero then Falcao yet Real spend £100m+ and are equally as bad a state financially.

NipHolmes said:
Castiel said:
NipHolmes said:
But that's a different league. Premier league is a stronger league.

Reus also plays a more attacking role. Bale was only a free role player when the strikers got injured. Bale is a true wide player who's got more to his game.

I rate Reus highly btw, just confident Bale is a better all round player.
How exactly is the Prem better? Are City/United/Chelsea better than Dortmund or Bayern? Are Everton, Stoke or West Brom better than Freiburg, Hamburg or Hannover? Certainly not recent showings in Europe. No current English team would win the Bundesliga at the moment, but either of Dortmund or Bayern would be good bets to win the Prem.

I remember a mid table Spanish side taking the piss out of our champions home and away not long ago. When was the last time you saw our equivalents dominate a top 4 team? This assumption that our league is somehow superior is based on a myth in my opinion. Or refers to a time when that may have been the case, but not any more. Germany have a very competitive league, skewed by Bayern's dominance at the very top (like we have with United). I don't think it's an unreasonable claim at all.

Bayern have been the best team in Europe last two seasons, they deserved the CL your team won. The difference is the rest of the league after Bayern and BVB. I believe Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool would all finish in the top4/5 in Germany. Our league has got even stronger over the summer too, teams like Southampton, Norwich and Swansea have all strengthened and they are mid-table teams. Germany looked great last year with the 1-2 finish in Europe but only a few years back it was England running away with everything before Barca came along. A stripped Malaga side nearly went through v BVB lets not forget, but to be fair BVB certainly deserved their final spot.

Healthwise Germany is in better health and will take over in the next 5 years on their current curve. I do however think it will be a one team domination over the next 3 years. Bayern's wealth and squad in on a completely different level to BVB and the rest.

As for Spain, it was the best league up until this summer when a firesale across the league happened, you're on about Bilbao but that Bilbao is no longer as their two best players both left (Bayern and Juventus). It's criminal how Athletico have to sell Aguero then Falcao yet Real spend £100m+ and are equally as bad a state financially.
Nothing you have said here, supports the claim that the English League is stronger than either the German or Spanish leagues. As a matter of fact, in the periods in which Reus outplayed Bale statistically, it could be argued that the German league was superior to the English league. SO the claim that Bale is better is simply opinion. There is nothing that backs it up.

Both players are phenomenally talented. And they both produce at an alarming rate. You could opine that you "believe" Bale is better. But your opinion will be no more valid than that of someone who thinks Reus is better.

This is similar to a Falcao v. Cavani argument. They are both phenomenal strikers, but argument as to who is better is futile.

daxman said:
NipHolmes said:
Castiel said:

Nothing you have said here, supports the claim that the English League is stronger than either the German or Spanish leagues. As a matter of fact, in the periods in which Reus outplayed Bale statistically, it could be argued that the German league was superior to the English league. SO the claim that Bale is better is simply opinion. There is nothing that backs it up.

Both players are phenomenally talented. And they both produce at an alarming rate. You could opine that you "believe" Bale is better. But your opinion will be no more valid than that of someone who thinks Reus is better.

This is similar to a Falcao v. Cavani argument. They are both phenomenal strikers, but argument as to who is better is futile.

It is futile and it's unprovable but facts of the matter are the same. England has a better history over last 10 years in Europe and other than our top 3 (City, Chelsea and United) the other 3-4 teams are strong too. Last season BVB did well but their league campaign was as bad as ours yet they had fewer excuses than we had i.e Manager fall out, sold players etc. Malaga should have gone through and were unlucky no to have.

I have no problems agreeing BVB and Bayern are currently stronger than any of our teams but I'd argue that Chelsea and City are rebuilding and will be stronger than Dortmund this season. I'd even say Spurs have a better squad depth.

This is a case in point of opinion rather than fact but going to the original argument in hand, Bale played for a lesser quality team and won more points for his teams on his own with an individual masterstroke in nearly a dozen games. Nobody feared Spurs, they feared Bale. With BVB it's Lewandowski, Gotze, Blaszkowski and Reus that were the players that I feared most and were prominent in games that I saw. With Spurs it wasn't, their strikers were injured and they were a one man army just like Liverpool were with Suarez. Teams totally reliant on these two players to drag the team to victory.

If anyone disagrees the last bit especially with that we may as well log off and pack it in because it is the truth. FWIW, Spurs had a much, much better opening campaign than BVB did in their first CL under Klopp. Yet again, Bale was magnificent, ask Maicon ;)

NipHolmes said:
(...)

Reus not only plays for a better team than Bale did but he also plays in a weaker league. What makes Bales last season so good is the same as Suarez too, they literally dragged their teams to victory almost single handedly. Bale would literally take the ball, look around and make something happen on his own and score an absolute screamer from 30 yards like he did at West Ham and Sunderland for example. Or he'd take the ball and dribble passed players and score something special like he did v United and v Norwich, think he did v Scotland too. Bale is a one man machine, he is a player who can turn a game on it's head in an instant, great set piece taker too.

(...)
It was Reus' first season at Dortmund. His last season at Gladbach was equally impressive as Bale's last season at Tottenham. There were quite a few players who had one brilliant season (or 6 months like in Bale's case) with lots of screamers and almost none could do it again. The great players with consistently brilliant performances over years usually do the small things on an incredibly high level all the time and aren't dependent solely on moments of brilliance because no one can do it that often. If Bale relies on his screamers to make it at Real there's no way he'll survive. He won't get as much time at the ball, he won't be the one making decisions with important games at stake, he needs to do what Reus does in almost every game to be part of great team. Not sure he's really that good at it.

Proelia said:
NipHolmes said:
BayernMan said:
Im curious to see where Reus does next year since with his €30m release clause he is passively asking clubs to come after him, tbh i see him being a Galactico especially since he is much better than Bale and Di Maria in my opinion...

Bale is world class and is a match winner by himself. He is levels above both Reus and Di Maria.

Yup levels above
y4edyny3.jpg

I don't really watch Reus but Bale is very overrated. He's good but is not even on the same planet as Messi and Ronaldo.

We need/require him more than any other club that can afford his services.

He would give us the balance we're lacking, compliment our existing players and be the missing part of the jigsaw.

In my humble opinion

Danamy said:

He would give us the balance we're lacking, compliment our existing players and be the missing part of the jigsaw.

In my humble opinion

I don't know a great deal about him,could he and jovetic play together or would they take similar space?

FantasyIreland said:
Danamy said:

In my humble opinion

I don't know a great deal about him,could he and jovetic play together or would they take similar space?

You're right in saying they'd struggle to play in the same side but this lad is on another level to Jovetic, the thought of his link up play with Silva and Aguero makes my mouth water.

Having said that if you had to play Jovetic in the Silva role for whatever reason they could play together.

Something like:

.......................Hart.......................

Zabba.......Kompany........Nasty..........Clichy

.............Yaya..............Dinho...........

....Navas..........Silva...............Reus.....

.....................Aguero.......................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.