Marina (from the GU) lays into our Garry

I genuinely don't understand the vitriol aimed at this article - I think those complaining about it being another attack on City are missing the point, as this is simply having a go at Garry Cook. Personally, I thought it was fairly amusing, probably since I'm not overly enamoured with 'our Garry' and his marketing-speak.

Incidentally, I had a brief email exchange with her and several twats had made death threats over the article, including one which was really unpleasant.

BingoBango said:
I genuinely don't understand the vitriol aimed at this article - I think those complaining about it being another attack on City are missing the point, as this is simply having a go at Garry Cook. Personally, I thought it was fairly amusing, probably since I'm not overly enamoured with 'our Garry' and his marketing-speak.

Incidentally, I had a brief email exchange with her and several twats had made death threats over the article, including one which was really unpleasant.
WTF? Is this Argentina or Italy?

Brucie Bonus said:
BingoBango said:

WTF? Is this Argentina or Italy?

I shit you not.

Iconoclastic yes , but satirical no -great satire should cross all socio-economic boundaries (Monty Python, Spitting Image to name but two) With a name like Marina I hardly think she hails from a Tower Hamlets council estate , though what´s in a name you may ask? Self congratulatory and smug pseudo-bohemian middle class musings of someone who realised that Berlusconi is of such a low common denominator to be even considered for lampooning. So your architypal "marketing man" Gary, the very antithesis of what her publication stands for got it in the neck. I´m sure she´s lapping it up with the rest of her "luvvie" mates as we speak. Death threats, by the way, are despicable. Self adulation comes not far behind!

Evil Roy Slade said:
She's completely mad.....makes Benitez sound like Sven

Erm, I think Garry Cook's the one who is completely mad. Guy does not operate in reality.

MDLVKM3 said:
Doesn't me she was right. Criticise the article for its inaccuracy, although an attempt at humour was the objective rather than accuracy, but I don't think its fair to criticise her vocab.
Can we just criticise you for yours instead?!!!!!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.