Mario, time to say goodbye?

tolmie's hairdoo

Whilst there is no dispute to the wealth of natural talent Mario has, it's a wider question.

Sometimes you have to let go the ones you love, for the good of the main parties concerned?

Mario WILL NEVER realise the player he needs to become in this country. I have reached this conclusion over the last 12 months.

His previous will continue to be raked up and as a result, his future, massively impacted.

A yellow card is the default position for every game he takes part in, justified or not, as reputation proceeds him.

As a result of the Parker incident, and the moral outrage over every cough and splutter, it is surely only going to get worse?

I believe a ban is warranted for the latest foul-up, and he has again let himself and us down.

Would it now make good sense between now and the window to stick two fingers to the system and sell him in exchange for another top class striker?

We are only delaying the inevitable IMO. Mario has become larger than the game itself in this small-minded country and his character and talent is why WE LOVE HIM.

But sometimes you have to do right by the ones you love.

I suppose we should continue to trust the powers-that-be at City, but if down to me, I would consider a swap proposal for Cavani at Napoli right this minute.

Naples, outside of Madrid, might be the only footballing town big enough to protect their own.

I posted this in another thread

Mario might as well retire from football or at the very least leave England immediately. He will NEVER get a fair deal in this country because the media have gone out of their way to make him a villain since he arrived. I'm not saying he's entirely helped himself but if you go back and review the yellow cards he's had most of them are for nothing and Graeme Poll has already admitted he will be booked on reputation alone. He can't win so if I was him I'd be off and sticking two fingers up

Agreed, I'm sorry but you cannot trust the guy. He is a liability and unfortunately he will never rid himself of the stupid Self Destruct Button he has in his head.

I want him to do well and want him to realise his potential with us. Just cannot see it happening.

He's unplayable for us at the moment, he is hounded on the pitch, abused and fouled just to get a reaction from him hoping to have him sent off. In the spurs game he was fouled off the ball with a very hard push in the back which only got us a freekick.

He is miles ahead of dzeko and needs to be starting every game, but if i were mancini I would feel forced to play dzeko instead.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Reluctantly have to agree Tolmie. He's a great player and a real character but he's not right in the head sometimes when he's on the pitch. You just can't rely on him, particularly if he gets a mood on him.
He's not completely to blame for his behaviour on the pitch, he genuinely is treated like shit by other teams players and fans, especially Liverpool.

Good post TH. I'd agree with that swap deal too, suits everyone concerned. Personally I wouldn't miss the paying for petrol for everyone, turning up at colleges, buying rounds in a Wythenshawe boozer or anything else off the pitch as its all meaningless. Yes it raises a smile and yes people want to ruffle his hair in 'you loveable scallywag' kind of way, but on the pitch is where it matters and in the main, he's let himself and us down more than not.
A swap for a player who will do it purely on the pitch would make sense. Not denying Balotelli has quality, he has it in abundance but he also has a silly streak which spoils it.
Do you think this could be a goer?

No way. Back him 100%. Stick with him through this rough patch. Show him the love next time he plays, and reap the benefits for many years to come. Has the talent and the right manager to become a legend here if we stick together and stick two fingers up to all the jealous wankers getting on his case.

I think that will only happen if we let it. We and the club and players need to stand up for him more. he gets so much shit and its about time we started taking it more seriously. he gets his cars smashed up and pelted with eggs ? i honestly believe he needs more protection.

i've seen opposition players, managers, pundits and fans for what they truely are. A pack of rabid classless mongrels and we need to fucking stand up to them !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.