mario

In my opinion he still looks lazy compare to El Shaarawy and Niang. god... i love those two guy...

edit: i just see on youtube Pato score and smile for Corinthians on his first appearance, strange coincidence

I'm pretty neutral on this one. Yes, he probably only cared about City in so far as it reflected upon him (ie it would be good for his image/ego to be playing for a successful team). Yes he was paid a lot and if today is not a debut one-off he's clearly putting in a much bigger shift in for them than he did for us. I get the feeling that 90% of the effort he did put in for us was for Bobs sake, rather than the shirt.

On the other hand his character and world wide profile have elevated the knowledge of our club. Maybe not always in a good way, but no publicity is bad publicity. He did put in a shift on the important occasions. And off the pitch he always came across as warm and kind.

At the end of the day it was probably more like a business arrangement than a love affair. We got what we required, he got what he required. It'll remain friendly and amiable. Good luck to us all in the future.

Bigga said:
shevtheblue said:
Bigga said:
The ref clearly wanted to be in 'The Mario Show' and got his wish.

As dire a decision for a penalty as I've seen of late.

Oh, and a reminder of why I don't watch Italian football any more.

A game I used to love.
Theres actually more attacking football in italy than there used to be...ac milan guy, correct me if im wrong but there are more goals per weekend than there used to be right? But thats partly due to less superstars and the defenders are not what they used to be. Zapata and bonera, makeshift as they are even so prove defenders arent what they used to be.

"...Used to be"??

That's so general. Never better than when the likes of Maradonna, Batistuta, Van Basten and Gullitt played in Italy. Before the refs wanted to make names for themselves. Before the general standard of defending became a lost art, missing the Maldinis, Nestas, Baresis and the Cafus of the world.

It seems to me you missed the greatest period of Italian football stretching over 15/ 20 years.
Then you would be incorrect in your assumption. Dont really know what you mean by general, i was simply stating that italian defending wasnt what it "used to be" even compared to when they won the world cup. Comparing any further back would be a bit unfair considering the talent there was. I used to watch serie a when players like vierchowod were bullying attackers off the ball way into their 40s. In fact i remember bergomi doing it for inter milan, heck costacurta played at left back in the champs league for milan when he was touching 40. I dont watch as much italian footy as i used to but its clear as day that the last few greats (cannavaro, nesta with maybe chiellini an exception) of italian defending have gone to be replaced by cheap imports.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
People are getting too wound up about this. He was a 19 year old boy when he first came here, basically a child at heart, who never really settled in this country.

If he then moves back to his homeland to the club he supported as a kid of course he's going to be happier. Fuck me if I was good enough to play for Milan and City came knocking I'd be over like a shot with a smile from ear to ear.

He gave us some great memories and helped propel the club forward in PR terms. He repaid the investment in him several times over.

Good luck Mario.

30 Goals in 75 Games. Man of the Match in the Cup Final win. Humiliated Scum at the Swamp on Sick Swan Day. More publicity than you can shake a shitty stick at.

A Star that burns bright and I wish him all the best and hope we never have to face AC Milan in a big Match.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
And that's why, Mario, you will always be a twat.

His performance, general demeanour and happiness shows why he stole a living all season.

Smiled more at full time than he ever did winning trophies with us.

what a load of shit. check out the title winning celebrations on the pitch after qpr..and then tell me mario didn,t enjoy winning the league with city.sometimes the haters really do let their bile spew before engaging the brain.

Re: "Farewell Mario: The Firework In Blue"

black mamba said:
No doubting that Mario is a fantastic character , and will never be forgotten here , or in England for that matter ...... but i said after his debut at Molyneux that the flaws were there for all too see , and as he left last week they were quite clearly still there

.... as with that other dreamer , by name of Robinho , Balotelli will NEVER achieve his aim of being the worlds best player.

how do you know?
he,s only 22 years of age.
he,s already quite possibly the most decorated young player in the world
he.s already announced himself in a top international tournament.

these flaws that you speak of..did drogba or van pierse have any flaws when they were 22 years old, or are you not sure cos you,d never heard of them and they hadn,t quite yet fulfilled their potential?

Hard to believe. Even after he is gone, even after he played well, the hating continues. Let it go guys, let it be.

wow. people still hating on mario. jog on.

class player, class guy who the media and refs went after from day one. if you think he's a bad dude look at all his interactions with kids on cityTV.

didn't work out for us but wish him the best going forward.

For those who didn't notice

Mario scored twice in his debut with AC Milan, including the game winning penalty in stoppage time. Say what you want about him, but we will look back a few years from now and realize how big of a mistake it was to sell him. Choosing to sell him over Dzeko will be an error for the ages. Truly a bad decision by the club and they will regret it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.