Mark Allen moved to Rangers!

Manchester City can confirm that Mark Allen has accepted a role with Scottish Premier League side Glasgow Rangers.

Allen has been with the Club since 2009, and has been Academy Director for the past seven years.

During that time, the Club have moved the academy operation to the City Football Academy and he has helped transform the academy into one of the leading operations in the Premier League.

He will take up the role of Director of Football with Rangers on July 7th.

Manchester City Director of Football, Txiki Begiristain, said: “Mark has made a significant impact at Manchester City over the years, and he leaves us with our best wishes for the future."

Txiki's short statement says it all. I personally know Mark was frustrated at the lack of opportunities given to the kids but he was full of optimism for the pep era. Seems like the powers that be didn't have faith or trust in him though. Wouldn't be surprised if one of Pep's trusted men is brought in.

Coincidence Puyol was over?

youth must be good enough first and foremost and the media put the pressure on the club with manchester owners having money and not using the youth setup when a signing flops if only it was that simple even the class of 1992 at united was a lot of hard work from 1987 and united went and spent money on the youth to get that bunch of kids

i really think manchester city are trying to hard at youth level and hoping to produce a messi or ronaldo and it just does not work like that they sort of players are born. funny i was around back in 1986 when we had a great youth team and 5 or 6 went on to play first team football and 3 of them was class players but the club was being run by a clown in peter swales and we was never looking to build a team at manchester city really it was always about money and could we sell a player for top money and buy or bring in somebody from the youth

billy mcneill was the first and well before fergie in building a youth setup to build a team around he was light years ahead of his time and again peter swales let him go to villa because he wanted money for a couple of players to finish the jigsaw that's how close manchester city was from building something special

Likely to do a good job at Rangers do we think in the DOF role? (Enquiring as a Rangers fan here).

Wow that's a step down. It will be interesting how the Academy progresses with the ban. I wonder who is next in line for the job?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.