Mark Clattenburg

Just chatting with a Southampton fan, they have won 2 of 20 games that Clattenburg has reffed them in...it's official, he's corrupt against everyone!

I've only lurked so far, but Clattenburg has left me no choice but to post. I don't think he is corrupt. I do think he is a narcissist and loved the fact that he could draw all the attention to his bewigged self by awarding a penalty against the richest club in the premier league despite having no sound basis for doing so. The decision was not only wrong (as confirmed by Howard Webb) but also demonstrated a disgraceful lack of professionalism and incompetence. There is apparently a possibility that Pellers will be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by his post match comments on Clattenburgs performances in our games against Spurs this season. All Pellers has done is articulate the facts. It is the actions of self regarding egotists like Clattenburg and the refusal of the F.A. to acknowledge the incompetence of referees that bring the game into disrepute.
The most frustrating thing for me is that they can do this time and again with impunity. They do things like this and get away with it. If there was a system whereby they had to answer for their lack of professionalism and their incompetence then it would not be as infuriating for fans, knowing that they are answerable for their actions. As it stands, Clattenburg has made a horrendous decision which has the potential of awarding the Title to the wrong club and with what consequence. Well, none at all. He'll be strutting around again next matchday while the club that has lost points that could have been the difference between making and breaking their season are left to live with the consequences.

PGMOL apparently launching an investigation into a possible "conflict of interest" with Clattenburg.
Basically,he's signed up last week with Catalyt4soccer as his agents,summat to do with if he is the official when any of their other clients are playing.
Dunno who their players are apart from the City player they ironically name in the press...Caballero.

PGMOL apparently launching an investigation into a possible "conflict of interest" with Clattenburg.
Basically,he's signed up last week with Catalyt4soccer as his agents,summat to do with if he is the official when any of their other clients are playing.
Dunno who their players are apart from the City player they ironically name in the press...Caballero.

I am inclined to believe there is something fishy, but in fairness, the source for that story is The Sun.

I'll give you one
David Silva being chopped down at Chelsea when we were 1-0 up thanks to Balotelli and hadn't lost a league game
We went on to lose 2-1 to a harsh handball penalty

Now who was the ref, yes Mark Clattenberg
The man is a cheating ****.
He is the PL's go-to ref when they want a result going the right way for their script.

I agree mate TBH,but he has signed up with them.

well let's see if anything transpires. After the April 2014 Candlepool game, I have always believed this guy was a corrupt SOB. A Scum fan mate of mine was deriding Man City for "only ever scraping the league". People also go on about our record at Anfield, but we should have won that game and the title in a canter. Stevie G's slip wouldnt have even been a footnote in history.

Hasn't Cuntenburg got some kind of form with being dodgy as fuck? Wasn't he suspended once or am I imagining things?

Hasn't Cuntenburg got some kind of form with being dodgy as fuck? Wasn't he suspended once or am I imagining things?

He was sacked I think,for sending threatening emails to a business partner,summat along the lines of "taking me to court will only result in pain for your family".....think he won the appeal and was suspended for a couple of months......not 100% on it though.

Lets be honest it's not just Clattenburg though is it. When did City last get the benefit of the doubt on anything when it comes to big game decisions.
Recent Penalties: Arsenal (A), Leicester (A), Everton (H), Leicester (H) and now Spurs (H).
Quite a few City fans I have talked to think that not launching a tirade of abuse at officials when they feck up is one of the reasons why we never get any decisions in our favour when the scores are level. I'd like to think they're wrong but with the decisions that have gone against City this season I'm starting to think they are right. Not going off on one with a major rant in the media when the ref makes a mess up gets you precisely... nowhere.
As an aside when did we last get a penalty when the scores were level?
Last time I know for sure was it Spurs at HOME last season when the score was 1-1. Surely there must have been at least one since then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.