Mark Halsey the 99 Wembley ref

All the best in their recoveries.
For them both to get it at the same time you wonder if there is anything locally to cause it, e.g high voltage power lines overhead.

I heard him and his Doctor talking on SSN this morning. He was saying how shocked was. "It's something you never expect to happen to you". His doctor said it was a very rare and particularly aggressive form of cancer which affects the lymph nodes in the throat. It was probably brought into prevalence by some form of virus. However It does sound good though as his doctor went on to say he was responding well to treatment and he believed mark should make a full recovery. Great news :-)

they were on granada reports last wk, whats more sad is they have a 3 year old girl,and she knows mum has lukimeia and dad has now got cancer and she asked them when am i gonna get it? now that made me well up when i heard it.

Maybe I'm biased because of the 99 game but he's always come accross as a real human referee. Somewhat of a rarity these days

I used to go down to Radcliffe Borough (Mark was in attendance every now and then, Even reffed a game once as the linesman at a game once got injured) And he came accross as a great bloke.

Wish him and the family all the best

This guy is one of the greatest refs I know :)
The night before the greatest day of my life, which was of course Gillingham, he was on a piss up with blues in pubs in london. Without this man we wouldn't be where we are today. Hope he and his wife make a full recovery. Great man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.