Mark Hughes Could Not.......

Tonight the belief to win the game was gonna be between the players themselves and not hughes, tonight you could see the belief and you could feel something was going to happen, then at a pinnacle part of the game, hughes killed it with some shit subs.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I think you are being slightly harsh, Mammutly.

If every perofrmance this season were of a similar standard then, personally, I would have little problem with Hughes.

I take your points regarding certain tactical aspects, it is glaring that this is not his strength - at all - but he could argue that this tactic was identified as the best way to beat Hamburg (he'd probably be let down by the fact that we haven't shown any other options throughout the season, but still).

Hughes tonight would escape my wrath.

I am seething about the constant burying of Sturridge's City career and share your concerns regarding tactics, but there are far more glaring opportunities to point out Hughes' failings this season and he has the get out cluase tonight that he identified these tactics of 'pure manic effort' as the best option (even if you don't believe him).

My problem is that this sort of performance is very much the exception, rather than the rule. If he showed the ability to motivate the players to play like that and put that effort in when there isn't a European quarter final at stake, I might actually be inclined to defend him.

Great post.

mammutly said:
Organise a piss up in a brewery.

Loads of passion
Can't fault the players tonight.

Loads of intensity. Loads of dynamism.

But no real game plan. Daft substitutions. And set pieces - fucking clueless!

WHY was Sturridge only given 5 minutes?

WHY was there no overlap on the left side?

WHY does nobody come in late for corners?

WHY was Elano taken off?

WHY can't we keep the ball?

And above all, why, why , why, fucking why is any semblance of success we have utterly dependent on every single player running themselves totally and absolutely into the ground.

The only 'tactic' he has is more effort and if that doesn't work more effort. And if that is not working, then more effort.

With this manager, we will NEVER win anything.
I agree with you on this.
mammutly said:
thepole said:
You seem to forget the fact we made a very good side look distinctly average. He could have made better substitutions, but that is incredibly easy to say with hindsight.

I'm sorry, but by Premier league standards, Hamburg would not be considered 'a very good side'.
I strongly disagree with you on this.

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Tonight the belief to win the game was gonna be between the players themselves and not hughes, tonight you could see the belief and you could feel something was going to happen, then at a pinnacle part of the game, hughes killed it with some shit subs.

Interesting, hadn't thought of it that way.

P10GIOK said:
Thats Micah Richards fault not Mark Hughes fault.

It's Mark Hughes fault because he should have nipped this in the bud ages ago.

I agree with the OP in some ways

Everything was perfect, and running as well as it could have until he started making subs.

Gelson Fernandes was an acceptable sub if Zabaleta got injured.

We didnt need defensive players changing, it was out worn out attack that needed to be altered. Caicedo was struggling for 20 mins or so and should have been swapped for sturridge earlier. Elano had his game of the season, and should have been kept on. Robinho struggled towards the end and should have been replaced by Martin Petrov.

Other than that we suprisingly did well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.