Mark Hughes New manager for Fulham

Why can't people just say good luck to him. He's history for us now.
I agree. Hughes' tenure is over and it's in the past. Personally I bear no animosity to the man whatsoever. He did his best but it didn't work out. The only former manager I'll always dislike is Alan Ball. Despite him being dead.

Mike D said:
Wonder what price Fulham are to go down, will have to have a few quid on that.

I was never Hughes's greatest fan when he was with us. He seemed to me a reasonable appointment when he arrived, but the Sheikh's takeover changed the club's horizons completely. I quickly came to the view that he wasn't the best man to take the club forward in line with those heightened expectations; even though I'd have loved him to prove me wrong, at no point during his tenure did I think that there was a real likelihood that he would.

I suppose we all have our own likes and dislikes, so if people didn't warm to him and would like to see him fail, that's up to him. I personally don't bear him any malice and hope he does well at Fulham. I think he has a good chance of performing creditably, too: he's taking over a team that finished 7th and reached a UEFA Cup final in the last two seasons; he'll have a reported £20 million plus transfer budget, more than many in the division; and, whatever my reservations about him in our job, he overachieved significantly prior to that at a club of a similar size to Fulham.

I don't really see why people have to keep on sniping about him now. The club has moved on, so should his detractors.

I say good luck to him. I wonder if he'll raid us of any potential cast-offs, i.e. Bellamy, Ireland, SWP, Santa Cruz, Onuoha, hell, even Caicedo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.