Mark Robins

City_Shirts

The 1998/99 season saw City compete in their only ever season, to date, in the third tier of English football, which is now 25 years ago.

Over the years I’ve been collecting the signatures of all the squad who made an appearance during that campaign as it’s proved, so far to be a quite unique part our footballing history.

After completing the signatures from the first team that played in the May 30th Play-Off Final victory over Gillingham, apart from Terry Cooke, who’s based in the States, on my Wembley 1999 Play-Off Final t-shirt & programme, it got me thinking how many actually appeared THAT season in the third tier of English football for City.

34 in total is the answer, I thought it would make the shirt more unique if it was signed by all 34.

I contacted Coventry City about the possibility of Mark Robins, who appears in the squad list in the Final programme and played in two fixtures that campaign, adding his signature to the t-shirt, no problem said the guy at Coventry, so I sent the shirt in, including a return envelope.

Shirt and programme were retuned with letter from the guy at Coventry saying he couldn't get Robins to sign either shirt & programme but appreciated being asked. He confirmed via email that he'd refused to do so.

Now I know Mark has allegiances to Manchester United but was left disappointed at his refusal to add his signature to the items !!

mr1.jpgmr2.jpgmr3.jpgmr4.jpg

Last edited:
il_1588xN.4259864206_e3i4.jpg

The 1998/99 season saw City compete in their only ever season, to date, in the third tier of English football, which is now 25 years ago.

Over the years I’ve been collecting the signatures of all the squad who made an appearance during that campaign as it’s proved, so far to be a quite unique part our footballing history.

After completing the signatures from the first team that played in the May 30th Play-Off Final victory over Gillingham, apart from Terry Cooke, who’s based in the States, on my Wembley 1999 Play-Off Final t-shirt & programme, it got me thinking how many actually appeared THAT season in the third tier of English football for City.

34 in total is the answer, I thought it would make the shirt more unique if it was signed by all 34.

I contacted Coventry City about the possibility of Mark Robins, who appears in the squad list in the Final programme and played in two fixtures that campaign, adding his signature to the t-shirt, no problem said the guy at Coventry, so I sent the shirt in, including a return envelope.

Shirt and programme were retuned with letter from the guy at Coventry saying he couldn't get Robins to sign either shirt & programme but appreciated being asked. He confirmed via email that he'd refused to do so.

Now I know Mark as allegiances to Manchester United but was left disappointed at his refusal to add his signature to the items !!

View attachment 80914View attachment 80915View attachment 80916View attachment 80917

Do you know whereabouts in the US Terry Cooke is based?

Really poor that from Robins. He’s gone right down in my estimation. To put it in modern terms, I think I’ll cancel him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.