Martin Demichelis (continued)

BringBackSwales

Shaelumstash said:
taconinja said:
Shaelumstash said:
I'm not sure if you're on a wind up, or whether you missed the first half?
It would be easier I think if you would simply clarify.

You're saying that Milner had the best game of any yesterday, correct?

No, I'm saying Milner was poor in the first half, and had an ok second half.

DeMichelis was excellent, and would have got MOM if Yaya hadn't scored a hat trick.

I thought Milner was tremendous yesterday, just about always is. I do agree that Demechelis was MOTM yesterday, but inevitably Yaya's hat trick was always going to get MOTM (I also accept that Demechelis as MOTM was a minority view)<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:25 pm --<br /><br />
Juan King said:
dctid said:
He has done well however never a first choice starting centre back and we need a top top one to partner Vinny for next years prem

Chelski and Pool will get stringer

Who's he?

it is obviously a typo, he clearly meant to type that chelsea and Liverpool will get stranger next season

Re: Martin Demichelis

He has been playing a little better but he is a,disaster waiting to happen.....dives in and over commits himself time and time again.

Hopefullt we will get a top class centre half in the summer or nasty will return and carry on inproving

He would be an ok 4th choice back up but thats it

He did well yesterday.
He had me singing his name yesterday anyway...

Sheikh Mansour,
Spain again,
In a 2nd hand Lexus,
Spent some cash,
Brought us back...
Michael DeMechalis.

(quality song whoever came up with that!)

BringBackSwales said:
Shaelumstash said:
taconinja said:
It would be easier I think if you would simply clarify.

You're saying that Milner had the best game of any yesterday, correct?

DeMichelis was excellent, and would have got MOM if Yaya hadn't scored a hat trick.

I thought Milner was tremendous yesterday, just about always is. I do agree that Demechelis was MOTM yesterday, but inevitably Yaya's hat trick was always going to get MOTM (I also accept that Demechelis as MOTM was a minority view)

-- Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:25 pm --

Juan King said:
dctid said:
He has done well however never a first choice starting centre back and we need a top top one to partner Vinny for next years prem

Chelski and Pool will get stringer

Who's he?

it is obviously a typo, he clearly meant to type that chelsea and Liverpool will get stranger next season

Well they say football is game about opinions, and Milner is definitely someone who splits opinion.

I understand why people like him, his old fashioned British spirit, work rate, energy, will to win, all things to be admired.

But for me his quality on the ball lets him down, and his decision making and pass selection in midfield is frustratingly poor for me. He stands out like a sore thumb compared to our other midfielders yesterday in terms of his football brain. He regularly takes too long to make a decision and then chooses the wrong one.

I think he's brilliant when he's almost got a man marking job to do, like against Alves and Evra in the past, and think he's a great squad player to have because he offers us something different. But "Just about always tremendous"? Not for me.

simon23 said:
He has been playing a little better but he is a,disaster waiting to happen.....dives in and over commits himself time and time again.

Hopefullt we will get a top class centre half in the summer or nasty will return and carry on inproving

He would be an ok 4th choice back up but thats it

[bigimg]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jP2CG_ZpxJA/T5m-b05o72I/AAAAAAAAPhs/SMvCehhMcW8/s1600/brokenrecord.jpg[/bigimg]

His performance was much improved yesterday - apart from one error in first half when he let a Fulham player virtually walk past him.

However it's important to note that Fulham played 4-6-0 with nobody up front so MDM game was definitely made much easier.

blue ranger said:
His performance was much improved yesterday - apart from one error in first half when he let a Fulham player virtually walk past him.

However it's important to note that Fulham played 4-6-0 with nobody up front so MDM game was definitely made much easier.

This. People shouldn't be getting giddy that he hasn't fucked up against a Fulham side that didn't even seem to try and trouble our goal yesterday and a lucky goal where it literally fell at his feet. He is ok to stick in against the less able teams but he should be nowhere near the stadium when we play teams that know how to actually attack us. If he plays the Liverpool game for example it is going to be a disaster.

I think it's against the shit teams that he often makes his worst mistakes. I think he gets complacent and thinks he can take liberties.

Shaelumstash said:
BringBackSwales said:
Shaelumstash said:

I thought Milner was tremendous yesterday, just about always is. I do agree that Demechelis was MOTM yesterday, but inevitably Yaya's hat trick was always going to get MOTM (I also accept that Demechelis as MOTM was a minority view)

-- Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:25 pm --

Juan King said:
Who's he?

Well they say football is game about opinions, and Milner is definitely someone who splits opinion.

I understand why people like him, his old fashioned British spirit, work rate, energy, will to win, all things to be admired.

But for me his quality on the ball lets him down, and his decision making and pass selection in midfield is frustratingly poor for me. He stands out like a sore thumb compared to our other midfielders yesterday in terms of his football brain. He regularly takes too long to make a decision and then chooses the wrong one.

I think he's brilliant when he's almost got a man marking job to do, like against Alves and Evra in the past, and think he's a great squad player to have because he offers us something different. But "Just about always tremendous"? Not for me.

Sorry can't take that seriously, your basically saying he's only good to put in a good shift. He can be very creative with his passing. The only frequent thing I see that let's him down is he can often over hit the ball

I like him, he was superb outside the Etihad posing for piccys etc and came across as a genuinely nice fella.

I believe he is under no illusion its the twilight of his career and knows he is not what he was, but he will give his all for us and thats all I ask. The Hull away ame he grew into and organised us superbly, that was a vital 3 points against adversity.

He was a stop gap, he knows that but he is giving it a go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.