Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
KippaxCitizen said:
pee dubya said:
RandomJ said:
I don't think Pellegrini has given any of the other defenders a fair crack of the whip. He favours Demichelis because he's one of his signings. Lescott or Nasti have only been given the odd game when they need a run of games next to Vinnie to show what they are about.
Lescott 18 starts
Demichelis 19 starts
Nastasic 20 starts

Not a fair crack?
Well Demichelis only started playing on 27th October so we can only go from there and how many Prem games have Nastasić and Lescott played since the next game at the start of November?

-- Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:25 am --

pee dubya said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I also hate how people abbreviate Martin Demichelis to MDM. It's just MD! (Random pet hate!)
Probably because his last name is actually 2 words joined together.
His surname is Demichelis, one word, like Joe's is Hart but his abbreviation isn't JHR.

This is possibly the least important discussion in the history of football, but Hart is one word, only ever has been. Demichelis was formerly 2 words, De and Michelis, which means Martin of the Micheli family. Over time it's been consolidated into one word, but its a word that can be broken down into 2 parts each with it's own meaning.

And to the more important, just because Lescott and Nastasic were playing when Demichelis was injured, why should those games be discounted? They were still opportunities to impress weren't they?

Thenumber1blue said:
He plays him because he is streets ahead of Lescott and doesn't treat the ball like a hot potato and because Nasty is a little out of form and not so imposing.

Hot potato or not , ultimately paid to defend and lescott defends better IMHO , we have a team full of players who can do magical things with the ball, I'd much rather have a solid defender who passes simple and lets the special players get on with it .
Jolean for me till next season .
, i know pellegrini wont , cause he loves the arse off MDM but thats my opinion

skybluepete said:
This is the problem, its not that people know fuck all about the game because they are not keen on MDM, as it happens i also fall in to that category.
Im not saying he's a poor player ( although sometimes with some of things he does it makes me wonder) im saying he's not "GOOD ENOUGH" for where we are in our attempt to become one of the major players in Europe.
His deficiencies are highlighted more so now that we have a couple of injuries, but i must admit , i dont think pellegrini helps his cause playing him and toure in a 2 man central midfield( when he does ) i think its got to be a 3 man central midfield, sacrifice a striker and play toure in a more advanced role where he can be devastating to say the least.
I think certain away games and against the top teams who pack out there central midfield, we may have to follow suit but im not sure wether or not pellegrini will do this.
MDM would cope much better in a 3 man central midfield, when he's in a 2 you can hear the creaks, he's under too much strain - his pal pellegrini is hanging him out to dry in a 2 man c/midfield.
My last point , i dont like the way MDM seems to be so obviously a pellegrini favourite, and some of my fellow supporters also think MDM and pellegrini can do no wrong- i mean , what would be wrong about playing lescott as the left footed partner of kompany instead of another right footed player?? Lescott really hasn't been that bad when he's played tbf.
I know lescott isn't going to be vinnie s partner next season (he probably won't even be at the club ) but surely to fuck MDM wont be his partner either or for that matter wont ever start- off the bench at best in my opinion.

By the way mate, just because MDM isn't my favourite player - DONT CALL ME A RAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was his problem at Bayern. Demichelis is a nice guy and he was popular with the fans but he is simply not good enough for the very top level. He is woeful and nervous in possession, he terrified me whenever he had the ball anywhere near our own box.

bayern blade said:
skybluepete said:
This is the problem, its not that people know fuck all about the game because they are not keen on MDM, as it happens i also fall in to that category.
Im not saying he's a poor player ( although sometimes with some of things he does it makes me wonder) im saying he's not "GOOD ENOUGH" for where we are in our attempt to become one of the major players in Europe.
His deficiencies are highlighted more so now that we have a couple of injuries, but i must admit , i dont think pellegrini helps his cause playing him and toure in a 2 man central midfield( when he does ) i think its got to be a 3 man central midfield, sacrifice a striker and play toure in a more advanced role where he can be devastating to say the least.
I think certain away games and against the top teams who pack out there central midfield, we may have to follow suit but im not sure wether or not pellegrini will do this.
MDM would cope much better in a 3 man central midfield, when he's in a 2 you can hear the creaks, he's under too much strain - his pal pellegrini is hanging him out to dry in a 2 man c/midfield.
My last point , i dont like the way MDM seems to be so obviously a pellegrini favourite, and some of my fellow supporters also think MDM and pellegrini can do no wrong- i mean , what would be wrong about playing lescott as the left footed partner of kompany instead of another right footed player?? Lescott really hasn't been that bad when he's played tbf.
I know lescott isn't going to be vinnie s partner next season (he probably won't even be at the club ) but surely to fuck MDM wont be his partner either or for that matter wont ever start- off the bench at best in my opinion.

By the way mate, just because MDM isn't my favourite player - DONT CALL ME A RAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was his problem at Bayern. Demichelis is a nice guy and he was popular with the fans but he is simply not good enough for the very top level. He is woeful and nervous in possession, he terrified me whenever he had the ball anywhere near our own box.

Really? I'd say his composure in possession has been by far his best attribute at City so far. He scares the shit out of me when we don't have the ball.

FromPollockToSilva said:
bayern blade said:
skybluepete said:

Really? I'd say his composure in possession has been by far his best attribute at City so far. He scares the shit out of me when we don't have the ball.
He gives the ball away more than Nastasić. Under pressure, as seen on a number of occasions against Chelsea, he was hesitant and shit himself a few times.

KippaxCitizen said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
bayern blade said:

He gives the ball away more than Nastasić. Under pressure, as seen on a number of occasions against Chelsea, he was hesitant and shit himself a few times.

He also plays far more progressive passes than Nastasic does. Also, I very much doubt Nastasic would have fared any better playing in midfield than Demichelis did.

Only Kompany is good enough for me. The other three are ok as reserves but we need to sign someone top quality in the summer. We have needed this since 11/12 but have still to address it.

FromPollockToSilva said:
KippaxCitizen said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

He also plays far more progressive passes than Nastasic does. Also, I very much doubt Nastasic would have fared any better playing in midfield than Demichelis did.

Good post PollockToSilva. The problem with Nastasic this season is that he gets caught out on the wrong side of opponents, generally in very dangerous areas which leads to him having to foul. Demichelis only fault for me is that he sometimes dives in but this is often in high areas of the pitch and doesn't lead to goals. He tries to play passes in front of teammates and it is a shame he is at the late stage of his career. For 3 million he has proved valuable and I for one think he is made the scapegoat by some on blue moon. Yesterday for instance the reason we did not win was the choice of final ball into a crowded box not because our defence had problems. Nothing would please us fans more if Nasty goes onto be a great player but frankly at the moment he is naive and clumsy which you cannot be in big games.

Mr HJ said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Good post PollockToSilva. The problem with Nastasic this season is that he gets caught out on the wrong side of opponents, generally in very dangerous areas which leads to him having to foul. Demichelis only fault for me is that he sometimes dives in but this is often in high areas of the pitch and doesn't lead to goals. He tries to play passes in front of teammates and it is a shame he is at the late stage of his career. For 3 million he has proved valuable and I for one think he is made the scapegoat by some on blue moon. Yesterday for instance the reason we did not win was the choice of final ball into a crowded box not because our defence had problems. Nothing would please us fans more if Nasty goes onto be a great player but frankly at the moment he is naive and clumsy which you cannot be in big games.

Have to agree. How many goals were his fault yesterday and yet so much unnecessary criticism. He's been pilloried for his
performance against Chelsea, where he was out of position and was basically left on his own to defend the whole of our
midfield, whilst Yaya,Kolarov,Silva, Zabaleta all went on the attack together. Now I know he dives in sometimes and he
doesn't get it right all the time and I'm not saying he's world class, but I think he does a job for us. I think he's been
bought as a stop gap and Pellegrin knows and trusts him. He's a better option than Lescott IMO.

His opening 15 mins tonight were a manifestation of some of the nerves in the team and the crowd, he looked all at sea with the ball at his feet but i think he's been really decent up to half time. He needs VK to help him keep his head and if he carries on, those two could be a very useful platform for the 2nd half, keep it up City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.