Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
KippaxCitizen said:
Bayern Blade and Maldieka (two München fans who post on here) have both said he had clangers in him almost every game he played for them and was never top class.

He's got some very good attributes but should never be near our first XI for big games. He may have the odd good game in a big game but he's just nowhere near consistently good enough to justify that place he takes off Lescott or Nastasić (obviously not fit tonight).

I just don't like the way he defends. I don't think Kompany does neither. He looks exasperated at some of the things Dimichelis does. Vincent always looks at his best with Lescott partnering him.
Disagree strongly with your third point - Vinny and ZabMan our two best defenders (whom not one member of blue moon would change) both constantly use MDM when passing out in tight positions. Re Lescott and Nasty you watch closely tonight when Zabba had the ball with Lescott an option he didn't use him rather he made it harder for himself by running infield with the ball until he could find Silva or Fern. This happened on several occasions. The team do have confidence in MDM that is a fact. His only problem is he tries to nip in and sometimes gets caught out. I am saddened tonight not by the team or the result but by the blatant abuse that one of our own has taken. From where I sat he was absolutely distraught when he got sent off and for me I thought he was playing really well up to that point. To hold Barca to one I repeat one shot on target in 50 mins is some feat. As others have pointed out the pressing game that we now play relies on all defenders pushing out and for the Messi goal only one defender was ten metres behind the straight line of the other three and that my friend was not MDM. He is a stopgap we all know that but he does not deserve the abuse from so called fans on this site. We will win in Spain if we play with the heart they showed tonight plus a fit Sergio.

RandomJ said:
ForzaMancini said:
RandomJ said:
That picture proves nothing. Wow Kompany played him onside so therefore he is at fault for Demichelis hacking Messi down.I've heard it all now. "go and support the rags cos you don't agree with my opinion wah wah wah" grow up you prick.

It's really not hard to grasp. It's Kompany's mistake which came first and his was much much worse, he is at least 5 or 6 yards behind everyone else. If he does his task Demichellis is never put in a position where he has a split second to decide what to do.

If Hart spills a simple shot and then a defender fouls an attacker chasing the rebound, whose fault is it primarily? Same applies here.

I'm sorry but playing someone onside is not worse than hacking someone down and getting yourself sent off. Never in a month of sundays. The mere fact you are even suggesting that voids your opinion straight away.

Playing someone onside is worse if you're doing it by been a good 5 or 6 yards behind the rest of your line. He's the captain ffs. It's a simple thing to do. Demichellis was tasked with trying to prevent the world's best player from getting a shot in.

Demichellis did not deliberately get sent off and take one for the team, he slid in because he believed he could win the ball.

Take your head out of Kompany's arse.

knorpel said:
Pellegrini showed poor judgment when buying Demichelis, it smells doing his old pal a favour , being out of a club. The guy is simply not up to PL standard!
The defence cannot consist of slow players like D and Garcia.
He wasn't out of a club. Atléti had just signed him on a free as a squad player (since Miranda and Godín are miles better than him) a few days before we went and spent £4odd-million on him.

It never ceases to amaze me how shite some of our fans are. Spent so many games listening to some **** who "went york away" moan at whoever the current scapegoat is. Demichelis has had his bad games, but who hasn't? Silva took nearly two years to get going, fernandinho took three months and as far as im concerned demi has deservedly walked straight into our team. He was playing out of his skin until that red. He had a split second to decide what to do and maybe he got it wrong, but that's life. Things sometimes don't go the way they should, anyone who's followed city more than five minutes should be fairly aware of that. The whole world was watching little city tonight, drink it in.

Mr HJ said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Bayern Blade and Maldieka (two München fans who post on here) have both said he had clangers in him almost every game he played for them and was never top class.

He's got some very good attributes but should never be near our first XI for big games. He may have the odd good game in a big game but he's just nowhere near consistently good enough to justify that place he takes off Lescott or Nastasić (obviously not fit tonight).

I just don't like the way he defends. I don't think Kompany does neither. He looks exasperated at some of the things Dimichelis does. Vincent always looks at his best with Lescott partnering him.
Disagree strongly with your third point - Vinny and ZabMan our two best defenders (whom not one member of blue moon would change) both constantly use MDM when passing out in tight positions. Re Lescott and Nasty you watch closely tonight when Zabba had the ball with Lescott an option he didn't use him rather he made it harder for himself by running infield with the ball until he could find Silva or Fern. This happened on several occasions. The team do have confidence in MDM that is a fact. His only problem is he tries to nip in and sometimes gets caught out. I am saddened tonight not by the team or the result but by the blatant abuse that one of our own has taken. From where I sat he was absolutely distraught when he got sent off and for me I thought he was playing really well up to that point. To hold Barca to one I repeat one shot on target in 50 mins is some feat. As others have pointed out the pressing game that we now play relies on all defenders pushing out and for the Messi goal only one defender was ten metres behind the straight line of the other three and that my friend was not MDM. He is a stopgap we all know that but he does not deserve the abuse from so called fans on this site. We will win in Spain if we play with the heart they showed tonight plus a fit Sergio.

Good post.

I'm not Demichelis biggest fan, but thought he was fantastic in the first half from a purely defensive view, but his distribution was shocking in the first 20 odd minutes. Unfortunate to have to make that decision, was no argument that it was a red but after replays it was outside the box when contact was made. That would have influenced his decision to hack him down if only a free kick was given as arguably down to 10 men could be better than conceding, which was very likely with messi 1 on 1.

ICT-Tam said:
It never ceases to amaze me how shite some of our fans are. Spent so many games listening to some **** who "went york away" moan at whoever the current scapegoat is. Demichelis has had his bad games, but who hasn't? Silva took nearly two years to get going, fernandinho took three months and as far as im concerned demi has deservedly walked straight into our team. He was playing out of his skin until that red. He had a split second to decide what to do and maybe he got it wrong, but that's life. Things sometimes don't go the way they should, anyone who's followed city more than five minutes should be fairly aware of that. The whole world was watching little city tonight, drink it in.
Silva took about two months to get going, not two weeks.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22680405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22680405</a>

La Liga team of the season 2012-13. Demichellis is in it.

"The veteran Argentina international, 32, might be in the latter stages of his career, but he has been an inspiration for Malaga this season. Until their post-Champions League meltdown, the Andalusian club boasted the second-best defensive record in La Liga, and Demichelis's steady consistency was the main reason why.
Did you know? Only one player won possession with more tackles than Demichelis in La Liga 2012-13 (76)."

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
ladyoftheblues said:
ForzaMancini said:
Lescott showed in the minutes he played today that against Barca he'd have cost us more than Demichellis, he has no composure on the ball and would have given it away at will. Personally rate him slightly higher than Demichellis but today, there was no chance he could have started.
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
He's not fucking wank. He's been a top class player all his career and at the moment he's playing as a stop gap for City. He's made a decision to challenge Messi and he's come unstuck, it could have been a free kick but it ended up as a penalty as wrong as it seems now and until the summer when we can address the issue of buying a top class CB, let's get behind our players for fuck sake and at the end of the day we were playing the best team in the world and its still half time in the round.
yes he is when lescot came on he had him im his pocket.... demi helped him out!

how can demi help him if hes red carded off numpty ! lescot is better than demi and nastasic any day pelligreni better wise u[ quick before we lose him !
Lescott better than Nastasic? Give your head a wobble. He's a good defender without a doubt but to compare him to where Nastasic is heading and what MDM has done and achieved youre way off the mark.
For God sake.....deal with the here and now will you..................one,s in the past and one which is very debatable is in the future.....

under NORMAL circumstances they would have had a free kick outside the box and DM may have walked, he timed his tackle outside the box 'the correct thing to do' its not his fault the ref made the wrong decision, bad ref cost us end of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.