Martin Samuels...Again.

borassic

Now i know the mail gets alot of stick but this guy seems to be one of the only ones sticking up for us!
It has been, as many observers have suggested, a great week for English football. We will not, after all, have the privilege of watching Kaka, one of the most sublimely gifted players in the world in the Premier League this season.

For his £45, the man in the street will instead pay to see the thoroughly deserving Craig Bellamy and will surely consider this money well spent.

Bellamy recently played a whole 22 matches for West Ham United before demanding a transfer, and is known for his loyalty and stable influence in the dressing room.

In other good news, the real world of mediocrity as espoused by Arsene Wenger will go further unchallenged, and if he can just squirrel his Arsenal team into fourth place ahead of Aston Villa, UEFA will present him with another cheque for a minimum of £30million to preserve this cosy status quo.

A little dream has been crushed and Manchester City supporters have been slapped down, humiliated, and firmly reminded not to have ideas above their station.

The club may lose Robinho, too, and how pleased we will all be to see the back of him, with his overrated qualities such as skill and talent. That is certainly not for the likes of us; well, not for the likes of City, anyway, whose lot is to always be mocked, skint and second-best, because that is what is healthiest for our game.

But, most of all, now we can get on with building all those schools and hospitals that were going by the wayside because Sheik Mansour was spending £100m on a footballer. Sorry? But I thought ...

But, most of all, now we can get on with building all those schools and hospitals that were going by the wayside because Sheik Mansour was spending £100m on a footballer. Sorry? But I thought...

Fucking brilliant comment......I'm still laughing now.

bluejase said:
Now i know the mail gets alot of stick but this guy seems to be one of the only ones sticking up for us!
It has been, as many observers have suggested, a great week for English football. We will not, after all, have the privilege of watching Kaka, one of the most sublimely gifted players in the world in the Premier League this season.

For his £45, the man in the street will instead pay to see the thoroughly deserving Craig Bellamy and will surely consider this money well spent.

Bellamy recently played a whole 22 matches for West Ham United before demanding a transfer, and is known for his loyalty and stable influence in the dressing room.

In other good news, the real world of mediocrity as espoused by Arsene Wenger will go further unchallenged, and if he can just squirrel his Arsenal team into fourth place ahead of Aston Villa, UEFA will present him with another cheque for a minimum of £30million to preserve this cosy status quo.

A little dream has been crushed and Manchester City supporters have been slapped down, humiliated, and firmly reminded not to have ideas above their station.

The club may lose Robinho, too, and how pleased we will all be to see the back of him, with his overrated qualities such as skill and talent. That is certainly not for the likes of us; well, not for the likes of City, anyway, whose lot is to always be mocked, skint and second-best, because that is what is healthiest for our game.

But, most of all, now we can get on with building all those schools and hospitals that were going by the wayside because Sheik Mansour was spending £100m on a footballer. Sorry? But I thought ...

Has anyone really been keeping a list of all the people who have shown their real interest (which is not football) and what they have said? It'd be nice to resurrect such a thing in the future.

Bloody hell, Setanta are still mocking...they've got Peter Spencer on now putting the boot (Robinho) in whilst admitting "I'm just speculating".

Good to see some balance at least. I wonder whether his journo mates think he's a twat for daring to have a different opinion.

Somebody should send a copy of this to that chimp Martin Lipton at the Daily Mirror.

I will only buy the Mirror now when the Andrex has run out.

It's all politics. The Mirror, Times, Independent, Guardian etc are all left wing papers. The left wing mentality is to pour scorn on anyone with money or ambition. The Daily Mail is right wing and generally believes that if you've got money you should be free to spend it any way you want without fear of recrimination or guilt because you've not given it to the 'needy' instead.

This is why the Mail supports us.

It's piss funny to watch City fans who may not be rich suddenly feeling the wrath of the left wing and watching their club be criticised for the simple fact of 'being rich', something most of them have probably voted for again and again (Labour have a huge stronghold in Manchester). If you find it unfair, welcome to the life of any rich person in Britain today.

Hopefully this will help to change a few City fans' mind come the next general election.

Thank you Mr Samuels.

shaundickov said:
It's all politics. The Mirror, Times, Independent, Guardian etc are all left wing papers. The left wing mentality is to pour scorn on anyone with money or ambition. The Daily Mail is right wing and generally believes that if you've got money you should be free to spend it any way you want without fear of recrimination or guilt because you've not given it to the 'needy' instead.

This is why the Mail supports us.

It's piss funny to watch City fans who may not be rich suddenly feeling the wrath of the left wing and watching their club be criticised for the simple fact of 'being rich', something most of them have probably voted for again and again (Labour have a huge stronghold in Manchester). If you find it unfair, welcome to the life of any rich person in Britain today.

Hopefully this will help to change a few City fans' mind come the next general election.

Thank you Mr Samuels.

I never realised that the Times was left wing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.