Marvel/ Netflix = 'Daredevil'...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
All episodes out April 10th.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=65&v=jAy6NJ_D5vU[/video]

Does it have a 'Sin City' feel to it? It looks gritty, it looks dark and not the halfway house the DC stuff is.

I think it may sh*t all over 'Gotham'.

So, they're gonna have up the Bats timeline, me thinks...

Looks bit shit tbh. But then again he's one of the worst superheroes they've come up with.

Bigga said:
RandomJ said:
Looks bit shit tbh. But then again he's one of the worst superheroes they've come up with.

Don't think you quite understand 'Matt Murdock' as a character, then...

Why do people insist on coming out with "you didn't understand it" when someone dislikes something they like?
It sounds like you're taking offence because someone doesn't like the same things as you and it always makes me laugh when I see the fanboys on here use it.
The Godfather thread, The Stone Roses thread and now this one.
It is actually possible to understand something and still not like it.

stony said:
Bigga said:
RandomJ said:

Why do people insist on coming out with "you didn't understand it" when someone dislikes something they like?
It sounds like you're taking offence because someone doesn't like the same things as you and it always makes me laugh when I see the fanboys on here use it.

That's a fair point.

In my opinion, to say 'Daredevil' is one of the worst superheroes Marvel came up with, is factually incorrect. He's as similar to Bats without all the gizmos, but would someone say that Bats is sh*t without being facetious?

And I'm not a 'fan boy', I just like good solid comic characters and Murdock is one of the more rounded ones.

Bigga said:
stony said:
Bigga said:

That's a fair point.

In my opinion, to say 'Daredevil' is one of the worst superheroes Marvel came up with, is factually incorrect. He's as similar to Bats without all the gizmos, but would someone say that Bats is sh*t without being facetious?

And I'm not a 'fan boy', I just like good solid comic characters and Murdock is one of the more rounded ones.

That probably sounded more offensive than it was meant and I apologise, but it's usually the people who are the most passionate about something who get offended the most.

stony said:
That probably sounded more offensive than it was meant and I apologise, but it's usually the people who are the most passionate about something who get offended the most.

I don't understand what you said there.
Can you run it by me one more time mistah?

stony said:
Bigga said:
stony said:

That's a fair point.

Not offended mate, so no apologies needed.

I just remember reading DD as a kid and he was much more prominent than Bats, at the time. He just seemed better, more 'human' and more vulnerable. He just was... better.

It was interesting how if he couldn't win something legally, he'd get fooked off and sort it another way and it didn't matter if he got beat to a pulp by The King Pin or some other. He just wouldn't have it.

He was awesome!

stony said:
Bigga said:
RandomJ said:

It's another way of suggesting that content has hidden depth that requires more than a shallow view of it. Most people don't watch a series in anything but the most shallow way because who has the time and energy to critically analyse every piece of media that they watch?

Suggesting that somebody go back and rewatch with the emergent themes in mind is more of somebody wanting others to see it on the same creative level as they do. I get it with wrestling all the time; one of the last great performance arts in the world and almost nobody else outside of wrestling fans can see it for what it is.

It's always useful to be open to new forms of media or new challenges. I've never been a comic book person but have recently started watching a few character/storyline explanations on Youtube as my perceptions of them were stereotypes and until recently I didn't see the underlying complexities in the characters. Wouldn't classify myself as a fan but I do now see that they are able to tell interesting, intelligent and intense stories which I could have recognised unless somebody pointed out that I didn't understand the genre.

Bigga said:
All episodes out April 10th.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=65&v=jAy6NJ_D5vU[/video]

Does it have a 'Sin City' feel to it? It looks gritty, it looks dark and not the halfway house the DC stuff is.

I think it may sh*t all over 'Gotham'.

So, they're gonna have up the Bats timeline, me thinks...

Think it looks good. Netflix have been putting out some top notch original programming of late, and I reckon D'Onofrio could be an inspired choice as the Kingpin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.