Marwood..

Marwood knows the script from a player and an office based view, he is very well educated in the political (FA/PFA etc) side of football, a very astute recruitment i would say.

mcfc78 said:
Just seen his interviews on mcfc... Is it just me thats bemused by his appointment?/ He says all the right things and very little wrong,, but his words seem hollow,, as if its dummy carded.. What love for city could he possibly have? isnt there an ex blue who could talk to players and media alike,, a player that could tell the new signings what its like when the blues fans take to you,, and a ex player that cares for our club? Id personally love the goat to greet new signings and go and try and get them to join... not brian friggin mare-wood!! nothing presonal pal, but jog on !!!!!!!
persistent-fail.jpg

marwood understands the game and what players want. cook worked with him at nike and brought him in to do the things he can't do - ie, the negotiations with players...

he is key to us getting more players

mcfc78 said:
Just seen his interviews on mcfc... Is it just me thats bemused by his appointment?/ He says all the right things and very little wrong,, but his words seem hollow,, as if its dummy carded.. What love for city could he possibly have? isnt there an ex blue who could talk to players and media alike,, a player that could tell the new signings what its like when the blues fans take to you,, and a ex player that cares for our club? Id personally love the goat to greet new signings and go and try and get them to join... not brian friggin mare-wood!! nothing presonal pal, but jog on !!!!!!!

Ah yes, the Newcastle United way: only a Geordie can run Newcastle as only Geordies understand what it is to be a Geordie and what Newcastle United means to a Geordie and Geordie's are the pride of England and thank you Joey barton.

mcfc78 said:

Spot on. Well said mate.

ellan_vannin said:
Some people seem to be scared that we now have professionals in charge of the club.

It's not the City way, you know. ;)

(Just to make clear, that's meant to be ironic. I think Brian Marwood is a good appointment and would much rather have professionals irrespective of where they come from that someone applointed just because he's 'one of us').

mcfc78 said:

Mate you need to take your blue tinted glasses off were abit. We are recruiting people who would do a professional job for city and with experience in that environment. I can't think of many ex blues doing the sort of job Marwood has done for the PFA and at Nike. I think it is a very strong appointment..

Thank goodness most replies have been positive toward the Marwood appointment and understand it from a professional point of view.
After reading the OP I had a facepalm moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.