Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone tell me this, perhaps one of the mods: given that a thread about similar accusations against Mendy was closed down on the basis that any accused person is innocent till proven guilty, why has this one gone on so long?

The police wouldn't have been able to take him down to the station without arresting him and cautioning him first. So whatever time they turned up to his house and made first contact with him is the time from when the initial 24 hour questioning stage begins.
Isn't it theoretically possible in the first instance to be asked if you would go to the station voluntarily before being arrested at the station?
Unlikely in his situation though

Someone tell me this, perhaps one of the mods: given that a thread about similar accusations against Mendy was closed down on the basis that any accused person is innocent till proven guilty, why has this one gone on so long?
Mendy has been charged, so that is an active, ongoing court case. Greenwood hasn't been charged with anything yet. That said, I think this is a good time to lock the thread anyway, pending further developments.

Greenwood has been arrested but not charged with any crime which means that any discussion about this matter is at risk of the the 'strict liability rule' of the Contempt of Court Act of 1981. This states that you must not publish anything which could cause a 'substantial risk of serious prejudice to the administration of justice' and took effect from the point he was arrested. Before that, anything written about him could be considered defamatory but now it is treated as potential contempt. This thread should be closed down to protect BM and those who post on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.