Match in doubt? Rearranged for 19.45hrs 14-09-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's lower case letters that were invented by the church, monks anyway.

Fact of the day, courtesy of Willy.

correct. language was always uppercase until the relgionists took over.
they invented lowercase so that they could then capitalise the first letter of words to give themselves & their beliefs importance.
starting with god and then working its way down through the religious ranks, so as to appear more superior to the masses.
it didn't take long before the king & the court joined in wanting a capital letter and over time it worked its way down the classes and became the norm.

i have no problem at all with other people using capital letters,
i just cannot bring myself to do it (unless i'm cutting@pasting and can't be arsed changing it, haha).

hahaha.
i don't use capital letters because they were invented by the church to keep us in our place.
they aren't really needed, there's always a way r
It's lower case letters that were invented by the church, monks anyway.

Fact of the day, courtesy of Willy.

Yes, Roman Latin used only capital letters, before the church was invented and monks started writing in Latin.

correct. language was always uppercase until the relgionists took over.
they invented lowercase so that they could then capitalise the first letter of words to give themselves & their beliefs importance.
starting with god and then working its way down through the religious ranks, so as to appear more superior to the masses.
it didn't take long before the king & the court joined in wanting a capital letter and over time it worked its way down the classes and became the norm.

i have no problem at all with other people using capital letters,
i just cannot bring myself to do it (unless i'm cutting@pasting and can't be arsed changing it, haha).
Yeah, all that and saving Ink/Vellum obv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.