Match of the Day - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to rewind and double check but they didn't even mention the Silva penalty incident.

Find this Bizzare given the storm around VAR right now, and especially given city's issues with to and Pep's post match comments.

What I would say on those pep comments is that it's clear to him now, he knows there are forces at work to prevent us from a third consecutive title, and when pure football desire, ability and application don't get you where you belong, I think he has a big issue with that.

Technically VAR isn't the issue, it's the way it's used and the people using it.

Agree on crouch though, can listen to him as he doesn't seem to pander. Even stopped the others from talking over him when he had a valid point to make, well done lad.
It was covered extensively in the match highlights. Anyone who wasn't blind could see that Lemar trod on Silva's foot an caused him to trip up. The commentator then mentioned about a review needing to pass a high bar. That high bar being that VAR will not overturn a penalty/non-penalty decision made on the pitch. Till I see an incident actually overturned, I won't suggest that City are being targeted.

Last edited:
It was covered extensively in the match highlights. Anyone who wasn't blind could see that Lemar trod on Silva's foot an caused him to trip up. The commentator then mentioned about a review needing to pass a high bar. That high bar being that VAR will not overturn a penalty/non-penalty decision made on the pitch. Till I see an incident actually overturned, I won't suggest that City are being targeted.
So why stop play to review anything if it's a recognised non-VARable situation?

Noticeable how generally well-behaved the Blades fans are in the face of a blatant provocation. Didn't Ade get a five matcher for tear-arsing down to the Tarquins? Had the Sheff U fans got to their feet and played out a little bit of 'Let me at 'im' Steptoe might well have got a yellow!!

A lot of that ban was for raking van Persie, wasn't it?

He did get some ban for the taunting though, can't remember how much.

So if it's not going to overturn a non-penalty/penalty or whatever then what's the point of VAR reviewing penalty appeals? There isn't one, obviously and therefore VAR is only being used to chalk off goals for offside or handball. It needs binning after this season.

A lot of that ban was for raking van Persie, wasn't it?

He did get some ban for the taunting though, can't remember how much.

No he was booked for unsporting behaviour officially on the day - the FA then brought a charge - fast tracked a week before the derby. City were confident that Aide couldn’t be done twice for the same offence - only to find Clattenburg had changed his match report and stated he’d booked Aide for ‘time wasting’. Hence Aide got a ban for the derby game.

No he was booked for unsporting behaviour officially on the day - the FA then brought a charge - fast tracked a week before the derby. City were confident that Aide couldn’t be done twice for the same offence - only to find Clattenburg had changed his match report and stated he’d booked Aide for ‘time wasting’. Hence Aide got a ban for the derby game.
But there’s no cheating going on in the Premier League

But there’s no cheating going on in the Premier League

That was the first and as I recall probably only fast tracked case - overseen by one Mr Gill and was done entirely so Aide missed the derby at OT. It was as corrupt as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.