Match of the Day - 2020/21

Armpit. Not handball according to the law
It may not be, but how many times have you heard of the ball hitting a player’s armpit? I have been watching football for 40 years and I have never heard of it before, and why is that? It’s because to hit such a part of a players anatomy he has to elevate his arm into a position that is asking for the ball to hit his arm. Add to that the speed of the game and the impedance of the attacking play most officials will see that in real-time and say it hit his arm - handball. These days we have this forensic analysis with unsatisfactory conclusions for both sides. I personally would not have been bothered too much either way with that particular decision because we were dominating the game and would have won either way but this seems to have lost on pundits and fans everywhere.

For Gods sake I just heard an outraged scouser on 606 pick out todays Newcastle pen decision, their pen decision and Chelsea’s COVID issues. I wonder why those particular incidences motivated him to ring up? Could it be that he also supports Newcastle and Chelsea? Or that they all helped us in some way? Obviously he feels just as strongly about all the decisions that go the dippers way or go against city?

It may not be, but how many times have you heard of the ball hitting a player’s armpit? I have been watching football for 40 years and I have never heard of it before, and why is that? It’s because to hit such a part of a players anatomy he has to elevate his arm into a position that is asking for the ball to hit his arm. Add to that the speed of the game and the impedance of the attacking play most officials will see that in real-time and say it hit his arm - handball. These days we have this forensic analysis with unsatisfactory conclusions for both sides. I personally would not have been bothered too much either way with that particular decision because we were dominating the game and would have won either way but this seems to have lost on pundits and fans everywhere.

For Gods sake I just heard an outraged scouser on 606 pick out todays Newcastle pen decision, their pen decision and Chelsea’s COVID issues. I wonder why those particular incidences motivated him to ring up? Could it be that he also supports Newcastle and Chelsea? Or that they all helped us in some way? Obviously he feels just as strongly about all the decisions that go the dippers way or go against city?
Turn off 606, nothing but a bunch of wankers ;)

The selective outrage from the pundits, looking at certain incidents and totally ignoring other ones.

No mention of the one on Winks, which looked as much of a penalty shout as the apparently stonewall one that the dippers were cheated out of!

now this was a stone wall penalty. couldn't believe it wasn't given

But surely taking someone out off the ball is still a foul? It doesn’t matter where the danger is, if you clean a man out, it’s a foul. If that’s not a foul (and penalty) then you can just have players take opponents out off the ball with no consequence. Teams would use it as a tactic. Every time we attack, just kick all the players that don’t have the ball down to their knees.

It’s a penalty, all day every day. It has to be.
In football the referee has discretion to interpret the situation (which is right). Taking the Striker out had no bearing on the outcome.
Cancelo had taken the ball and was running out of the area.

If no one had control of the ball and there was still a chance Newcastle could make something of it fair enough a Pen but they couldn't, not a chance.

A Penalty award for that is disproportionate and makes a mockery of the game. Trouble is some teams, Dippers and Rags base their whole play in getting into the area to create a penalty situation, and get it.
Unbelievably these 2 teams are the most popular and widely followed in the league, sums up society actually!

Oh i dont disagree. The outrage at Kane’s tackle after what Mane did to Ederson, when they all came out of the woodwork on mass saying it was never a red for Mane is laughable…
Fuck them all. They’re only pissed off when we get a decision or two.

That's his arm and it hit it as well as his armpit in my opinion
So what I recall happening was the ball hit the Wolves player in the side just under the armpit and then bounced up onto his upper arm in one very fast action that was easy to miss. I don't think it hit his armpit at any stage.

I think that's what the refs saw, and because his arm was up it was difficult to justify overturning it.

So what I recall happening was the ball hit the Wolves player in the side just under the armpit and then bounced up onto his upper arm in one very fast action that was easy to miss. I don't think it hit his armpit at any stage.

I think that's what the refs saw, and because his arm was up it was difficult to justify overturning it.
Thats actually even worse then if thats what happened, instead of hitting the armpit as i thought. As theres a directive now that if the ball deflects off any part of the body onto the arm then its no penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.