Match of the Day - 2020/21

MOTD wanted that penalty given and didn't seem to think the offside call was worth talking about. They also seem to think getting in behind is as good as a goal, when our defence could just as likely have cut out the cross that would have to come after getting in behind. None of those would have led to an immediate shot, bar one which was an acute angle(low chance of scoring) and Dias is immense at cutting out low crosses across the 6 yard box. Their chances came from counters and mistakes from City with the ball at the back. City didn't have any 4 on 4 situations because they defended with everything they had in the final 3rd.

I can't stand Jenas either, whenever he covers anything to do with City, the bias seeps out of his every pore. Not only that, he does it with a conceited smugness too, as if to say: "Yeah, I hate City, so what? My paymasters will probably give me a raise"

Last edited:
You can see it in the still behind them. Walker only has eyes for the ball. The attacker puts his arm and his leg across Walker, to block his path to the ball.

Defender strikes the back of Walkers calf.JPG

Below you can see the moment Walker realises the ball was getting away from the attacker, after a heavy touch.

Heavy touch by the attacker Walker  sees his opportinity.JPG

Walker seizes the opportunity to get between man and ball and he does so without touching the other player. This is the most significant still, to me, it shows Walker was favourite to get to the ball and that the attacker is the one who initiated the contact.

Ball gets away from defender - Walkers leg is infront already.JPG

The attacker sees this and instinctively tries to block Walker off with his arm and his knee. The attacker is the one who hits the back of Walkers leg and was probably already on the way down before the contact was made. Look how Walkers leg is forced upwards from the impact.

The attacker puts his left leg across Walker not towards the ball - a clear attempt to either ...JPG

No pen. Lineker, Shearer, Keown and Jenas are either stealing a living(shit at their jobs) or they only see what they want to see when it comes to City. They'd have spent more time on the offside call, if that were United or Liverpool.

Last edited:
You can see it in the still behind them. Walker only has eyes for the ball. The attacker puts his arm and his leg across Walker, to block his path to the ball.

View attachment 26612

Below you can see the moment Walker realises the ball was getting away from the attacker, after a heavy touch.

View attachment 26613

Walker seizes the opportunity to get between man and ball and he does so without touching the other player. This is the most significant still, to me, it shows Walker was favourite to get to the ball and that the attacker is the one who initiated the contact.

View attachment 26616

The attacker sees this and instinctively tries to block Walker off with his arm and his knee. The attacker is the one who hits the back of Walkers leg and was probably already on the way down before the contact was made. Look how Walkers leg is forced upwards from the impact.

View attachment 26614

No pen. Lineker, Shearer, Keown and Jenas are either stealing a living(shit at their jobs) or they only see what they want to see when it comes to City. They'd have spent more time on the offside call, if that were United or Liverpool.
Funny that all the pundits on MOTD thought it was a definite penalty but all the pundits on ESPN thought it wasn’t a penalty. Funny that.

Curtis dipper Jones looks like he should be serving 10-12 for abh. Strikes me as a real arrogant twat too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.