Match Thread | Aston Villa vs Man City (06/12/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No overraction at all, being realistic given what im currently watching being served up by the team.
4 points from the last 5 games conceding 11 goals gives me zero optimism and no fight or hunger shown tonight which leaves us trailing aston villa with nearly half a season gone... a season after winning a treble
Can only agree

Totally deserved win for Villa vs a depleted City side. And by another deflected goal. Too many absentees and too many of the ones left, out of form.

With a few games in hand and hopefully winning our remaining games until the WC tournament, we can trail a lot of points to a lot of teams.

Let’s hope our season starts after the WC tournament. Way too early for hysterical comments that I read on here.

Didn't even earn 1 corner.
Fuckin piss poor.
Yet when i saw the line up and the bench i thought we'll be lucky to get 3 pts tonight.
No creativity in the squad without KDB. Retaining the ball is becoming ponderous.
Recruitment this season as been pretty poor. There was no leaders out there tonight, Walker as captain?
Show some fuckin passion man. I hate the rat at utd but at least he sulks if they get beat. There was nothing there tonight to show me we had a leader on the pitch. Trying defenders in midfield when you've got 3 midfielders sat on the bench shows how fucked up it is.

On a positive note we normally hit some kind of low point before we snarl and bare our teeth.
So please let this be it tonight and we go on a winning run and hit this fuckin league hard again

Did we actually send scouts to watch Nunes? astonishingly bad bit of business. However £80m for Gvardiol is probably even worse.
It’s easy to shine playing at Leipzig in a one team league. It’s no co incidence no other team was in for him. We got mugged plain and simple! Worst signing ? hang on maybe Nunez was worse, no actually Phillips was worse or was it Kovacic? See the trend? An absolute gash of a transfer window.

Did we actually send scouts to watch Nunes? astonishingly bad bit of business. However £80m for Gvardiol is probably even worse.
Gvardiol was a highly rated centre back when we bought him.
But of course that would be to easy to play him in his favoured position when city's achilles heel as always been left back

Sadly this phase was always coming. Wheels have come off. Lets see what we are made of now . .

Alvarez looks lost for starters. Defenders being asked to be more creative than the midfield isnt a good fukin sign either. Hard to watch that. We were 2nd best all over the park:(

We deserved to lose that. Fair play to an excellent AV team. It looks at the moment very like our recruitment has not kept pace with the teams chasing us.
Not a lot Pep can do different really. Hopefully Kev, Rodri and Stones can play out the remainder of the season and we still might win something. If they can’t I’m afraid we are in major rebuild territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.